What's new

Geocachers?

Got a new one about 700 yards from me porch last week, a new hide in one of our pocket parks .. at one point I went knee deep in a snow hole, tripped over snow covered branches, etc.

Hoping to get out more this year and finally get to 500

One of the dangers of Geocaching, the GPS does seem to make one forget their surroundings and concentrate on the screen.

Have clotheslined myself on the occasional low branch too many times :blushing:

I have a 60csx that I've been meaning to start using for geocaching. Work's been kind of a pain, I need to get out more...

Work can do that, my longest slump was almost an entire year before resuming again.

My wife became burned out on caching, except for EC's when we travel or ones to pick up a new state. She is slowly dipping back into it now.

My wife became burned out on caching, except for EC's when we travel or ones to pick up a new state. She is slowly dipping back into it now.

Yeah, we got pretty burned out last year with the 31 Days of Geocaching thing in August (not something we'll participate in again). It took a couple months to get going again. I can't wait until the snow melts here, so we can get outside again.

Got to get out and do some geocaching with my sons this morning. It took about an hour and a half, but we tackled that jungle back behind them. Great morning!

$uploadfromtaptalk1398005341305.jpg

Just returned from the Oz Mega 2014 event, had a great 5 days, only picked up 170 caches across the time, as plenty of geocache related courses, etc to do.
Super fun!

I'm still waiting for it to get nice enough here to go out. It's been a long awful winter. We've been participating in a Travel Bug Race though so it hasn't be too bad.

I spent WAYYY too much time geocaching in the past. That was my lunch break every day when I was still working on campus (pre soap business). Some of the caches I found over and over like 3 times. I also tried getting locals into hunting for caches I hid around the farmers market but no one seemed interested :(

Quick trip to Central Florida yesterday for work, so I got to grab a few caches. I always try to make a point of getting some smiley's when I'm on the road.

Haven't had the chance to go geocaching in a while, but I got a notification of a new cache published right near my house this morning. I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a FTF, so I made a detour on my way to work, spent a little while searching, found a brand-spankin'-new log, and signed away. :w00t:

We planned our vacation around 15 EarthCaches in South Dakota. In fact we use EC's to plan all of our vacations.

Oh man, we haven't really been out in ages. That weather here's been terrible, either too cold, or too hot, or raining. We usually try to pick up a few when traveling but we've really just been too beat to go lately.

Top Bottom