What's new

Frag Acquisitions

I did check the bottom of the bottle, which was hard to see. It had a ref. No. 980406-made in France. Next line said, 'mfd for CFG 95300 France.

The bottom of the box has the UPC of course and then an imprint that reads 'WV 15040'. And that is all. Not sure if the production date or batch code are any of these numbers, but that's all that's on the bottle and box.

Smells great though ;-)

Are you sure that there wasn't a 6 digit code underneath the SKU scanning code on the bottom of the box as indicated here on Checkfresh.com for Azzaro? http://www.checkfresh.com/azzaro.html

Underneath the reference No. 980406-made in France should be an embossed 6 digit number. You may have to angle the box under a light to make it out.

Where did you purchase it?

Last edited:
Bought it from a Ross store. The cellophane it came in didn't have any numbers on it ether.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Also, the reference number and such were on the bottle and they were so faint I had to use a magnifying glass to make them out.

Bought it from a Ross store. The cellophane it came in didn't have any numbers on it ether.
Also, the reference number and such were on the bottle and they were so faint I had to use a magnifying glass to make them out.

From what I understand, the codes on the bottom of the bottle and the box should always match. How long does the scent last. Most say it lasts about 5 hours on the skin. I remember that when I wore it in the 1980's, it would last the entire workday and beyond, but it seems that most of the classic fragrances aren't the powerhouses they used to be.

My wife doesn't care for the opening of this, but just wait 10-15 minutes and she loves it :)

I went to "Le Bon Marché" and the sales clerk was nice enough to give me this...:001_cool:

$IMG_0376.jpg

You are very right about this one: as often on complex fragrances, the first notes are a bit weird, not bad at all, but weird. And then after a few minutes on the skin, it will settle into a deep and rich scent. This one is a very interesting musk, with spicy notes.

I went to "Le Bon Marché" and the sales clerk was nice enough to give me this...:001_cool:

View attachment 657653

You are very right about this one: as often on complex fragrances, the first notes are a bit weird, not bad at all, but weird. And then after a few minutes on the skin, it will settle into a deep and rich scent. This one is a very interesting musk, with spicy notes.

Yeah, can't beat the dirty rose dry down on this juice. Absolutely love it. Another by Malle that I'm about to buy is Dries Van Noten, quickly becoming a favorite. The open is odd but quickly moves to this warm vanilla/Amber like hug. It's lovely, and has been getting tons of compliments when I wear it. This is my next full bottle, unless I run across a deal that I can't pass up, on something else lol

I purchased my bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme from Fragrancenet and I now see the problem you had. I bought the large 200 ml bottle and the 100 ml for a friend as I had a 30% off coupon and free shipping. I saw a 7 digit code on the bottom of my box which was cellophane covered but can't find a code on the bottle. The 7 digit codes aren't acceptable by Checkfresh.com or Checkcosmetic.com, but when I use just the last six digits, Checkfresh says it was produced in July, 2015 and Checkcosmetic has it produced in Sept. 2014.

For the 100 ml bottle I purchased for my friend, I can't even make out the batch code on the bottom of the box which was also in cellophane. I'm also not certain if the batch codes are printed on the bottom of the bottles.

I requested the regular 100 ml bottle and Fragrancenet sent the 100 ml refillable which is a few dollars more, for the same price.

I purchased my bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme from Fragrancenet and I now see the problem you had. I bought the large 200 ml bottle and the 100 ml for a friend as I had a 30% off coupon and free shipping. I saw a 7 digit code on the bottom of my box which was cellophane covered but can't find a code on the bottle. The 7 digit codes aren't acceptable by Checkfresh.com or Checkcosmetic.com, but when I use just the last six digits, Checkfresh says it was produced in July, 2015 and Checkcosmetic has it produced in Sept. 2014.

For the 100 ml bottle I purchased for my friend, I can't even make out the batch code on the bottom of the box which was also in cellophane. I'm also not certain if the batch codes are printed on the bottom of the bottles.

I requested the regular 100 ml bottle and Fragrancenet sent the 100 ml refillable which is a few dollars more, for the same price.

Thanks for the info and tip. I'm good with not knowing, as long as it smells great and has decent performance. I'll probably check mine out now, since you cleared up how to do it ;-)

Thanks for the info and tip. I'm good with not knowing, as long as it smells great and has decent performance. I'll probably check mine out now, since you cleared up how to do it ;-)

In order to see the code on the bottom of the box, you have to hold it under a light as it's embossed into the bottom flap. I was able to see it on the 200 ml but only could make out 3 digits on the 100 ml box. I've emailed Azzaro to see which is the correct date of the two I mentioned and to ask if they have the codes on the bottles. too. As far as I'm concerned, all fragrance manufacturers should have diagrams showing where their codes are and a look-up page so we can check the production dates.

Ed Hardy three pack of 1oz: Love & Luck, Love Is... and Villain

I also ordered the New York Yankee edt on Amazon. I think I got a problem...

Top Bottom