What's new

Frag Acquisitions

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise on the way. After finding a sample online and testing it, not only did I enjoy it but my wife absolutely loved the scent of it on me. Went ahead and ordered the full bottle. People often compare it to Aventus, but that comparison is only good for the first 30 minutes of opening when it smells like a bright citrusy fragrance similar to Aventus but less smokey. When it settles down, it becomes a lightly citrusy bergamot and powder type fragrance that feels like a barbershop fragrance to me in the best way possible. :)

Also, the sample showed significant longevity. Applied after a shower at about 10am and lasted noticeably for at least 12 hours, still could faintly smell it when I went to bed at midnight. Monstrous longevity for sure!

$nd.2366.jpg
Jubilation XXV

Nothing too fancy for me, but my early 1970s, still new in box, set of Old Spice AS and cologne just arrived in today's email from Ebay. Obviously, I had to wear a bit of it to dinner tonight with the wife.

Sadly, she couldn't smell it. Stuffy nose.

Gray Flannel EdT and Aftershave splash gift set.

Cool Water EdT and Aftershave splash gift set.

Kouros EdT and shower gel gift set.

Christmas apparently came early this year.

Floris 1216 bespoke fragrance. This is my second Floris bespoke. My last fragrance from them has a very fresh smell that is very spring and summer and I wanted something more suitable for the autumn and winter

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man and Penhaligon's Sartorial. Cdn Intense Man has been said to be the best Aventus clone. I've never smelled Aventus but I have Fine Platinum AS which is based on it. The CdN intense Man smells similar to Fine Platinum but is much stronger and lasts over 12 hours as a skin scent. Just terrific stuff. As for Sartorial, what can I say. Great, strong scent. What's said about Chanel Pour Homme goes for Sartorial - "class in a bottle".

proxy.php

Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum
proxy.php

A quick whiff reminded me more of Mennen Skin Bracer (which I like) than Bay Rum
I'll splash it on tomorrow

Yesterday, I have received a bottle of this.

$IMG_0399.jpg

Floris Elite, eau de toilette. I still need to sample Sung cologne, as advised on another thread, but this one will stay in my rotation for quite a time, and very probably become my signature. I am fond of it... Very green and aromatic, fresh, like an improved version of Tabac. It is a far more complex fragrance, and, to my nose, it smells more natural. The staying power is average, but for such a scent, it is not necessarily a bad thing.:thumbup1:

Yesterday, I have received a bottle of this.

View attachment 707243

Floris Elite, eau de toilette. I still need to sample Sung cologne, as advised on another thread, but this one will stay in my rotation for quite a time, and very probably become my signature. I am fond of it... Very green and aromatic, fresh, like an improved version of Tabac. It is a far more complex fragrance, and, to my nose, it smells more natural. The staying power is average, but for such a scent, it is not necessarily a bad thing.:thumbup1:

Congrats on this, a very nice fragrance.

Top Bottom