What's new

Floris

Gents

I am happy to be the newest member of this forum. I was away in Asia for 6 weeks and just got back last week.

Floris is on sale and i will visit the store tomorrow here in NY. Members of all the forums have extolled about the beauty of this brand as long as i can remember, in particular, the shave soaps and the scents. I will purchase some soaps and colognes for the girlfriend and myself after a perusal, but i was also wandering about the quality and effectiveness of the shave creams as i've never read about them on this forum.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Welcome Mahesh! Any thoughts on shaving habits in Asia?

Floris makes some great stuff. I have only used their fragrances, but the shave soaps are very well thought of. I think Richard also uses the Santal cream (and Santal everything else :001_tt2: ), so perhaps he can chime in.

Do me a favor and sniff the Sandalwood cologne. I have heard it is great, but have never tried it.

Hello Scotto,

Yes, Mahesh and I chatted about Floris and Santal of course :) on SMF.

He should have good hunting at the Floris store in NY. We should all be so lucky!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Hey Scotto

Thanks for the input. I look forward to sniffing the No. 89, Sandalwood, Santal and many others tomorrow. As for the shaving habits in Asia, the more modern cities like Hong Kong and Singapore seem to have American habits: ie. Gillette rules, unfortunately. However India seems to be still somewhat traditional and into shave brushes and interesting creams, most of which i don't know about as i've never lived there even though i'm of Indian descent.

However, my cousin in Singapore had a batch of Old Spice shave creams (roughly 2.5 oz tubes) manufactured and purchased in India in Original, Musk and Fresh Lime scents each costing approximately $0.80. I didn't favor the Original or the Musk but The Fresh Lime is excellent. It has a clean yet tart and potent scent and lathers up nicely with a brush providing good lubrication. It lists key ingredients as Boric acid and Glycerine. It is manufactured in Goa, India which is a lovely beach resort near the South.

Why on earth Old Spice don't produce for American consumption is beyond me as it is an excellent product. There are many Old Spice fans in the US and overseas (including my father) and i believe the Fresh Lime would help expand the client base and image for the company, IMHO.

full

full

Regards,
Mahesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Mahesh,
My very favorites from Goa are Vindaloo sauces, but I guess now I have to find some of the Old Spice shave cream too. If you have the opportunity while in Floris' shop, please sample the Elite fragrance, so elegant. Also, send my regards to Tina. She is a customer service dream, extraordinarily helpful and exceptionally conscientious. :001_wub:

Top Bottom