What's new

Fitness challenge to Spring 2016 (Old 90 day challenge)

I've been off the fitness wagon for a few weeks now, but took an hour's bike ride today. (On February 27. When it was 58 degrees. In Minnesota.)

So, we're two months in. How's everyone doing?

Are you making progress on your goals? Anything you've learned along the way so far?

So, we're two months in. How's everyone doing?

Are you making progress on your goals? Anything you've learned along the way so far?
Gained 11 lbs since Jan 1.

Learned pizza is bad for weight loss.

Did get 15min rode on my wife's bike today. Then the freewheel froze. 8 years old and unused for 3 yrs. Not surprised.

As for me, I'm down 9 pounds...close to my (modest) goal, with a few weeks to go...

Adding in more walking helped with my overall fitness...I started twice weekly fasts and that seems to be helping and pretty easy for me to stick with.

1 Mike bike ride $uploadfromtaptalk1456893056075.jpg

Wow - this type of challenge is awesome! I just wish I'd seen it earlier and started right off. As it is I'll try to jump right in (if that's allowed) and see what I can get done. My challenge isn't so much my weight, but the fatigue I have from my cancer meds. I was diagnosed stage 4 melanoma (skin cancer) in March 2014. (You can read more by following the link in my signature.)

I get an infusion every three weeks (going on 30 weeks now) and am left feeling fatigued throughout every day. Yet the more I exercise the less fatigued I feel and my overall energy feels more balanced, although by 7pm I'm ready to give up and wave the white flag.

Which brings me to my modus operandi - a very sweet carbon fiber road bike that I just love to ride. But the problem is, of course, life. Family, job, nephews, nieces, crazy sister-in-laws and so on. So finding a balance is hard, which is probably hard for all of us, which is why this challenge/thread is so cool.

1. Basically I need to get 10 miles or more on the bike every day.
2. I also need to watch my sugar intake as I have a nasty lil sweet tooth.
3. And I have to carefully watch my recovery from longer rides as I can deplete my potassium and salts to the point where I have to be on a prescribed supplement.

I think that's all for now - thanks!!

I'm not doing as much exercises I'd like, but I did get in a couple of 5km runs between Thursday and Monday. I want to start lifting weights again, but I might go the bodyweight route this time around. My eating habits are largely ok now, and I'm eating 80-90% paleo-ish these days. I haven't really checked the scales, but my face is thinner and my trousers are looser so I'm heading in the right direction!

I don't know exactly whats going on, but here lately my energy levels have dropped off . I did manage to get a 2.5 mile walk in today.

Work has picked up, so I haven't been getting in as many mid-day walks. I did get to the gym this morning for the weekly flogging, though.

on lo-carb for 2 weeks - lose 8 lbs
Stray off the reservation badly for a few days - gain 3 lbs
on lo carb for 3 days - lose that 3 again.

I think I'm convinced. I just miss my bread and potatoes.

Top Bottom