What's new

Fitness challenge to Spring 2016 (Old 90 day challenge)

When I got out of the Navy, my weight was about 205. It has steadily increased over the years to a peak of 355 a few weeks ago. Feeling very fatigued all the time and not able to stay awake during the day, my wife insisted I go to the doc. Early this year I got a checkup and the doctor recommended a sleep study to test for sleep apnea. I found that I do have sleep apnea and the doc prescribed a CPAP machine. I noticed positive results from day one of using the machine. One thing the doc told me is that my fatigue and sleep apnea would all go away with weight loss! So I've been gradually making changes in my lifestyle. First thing I did was replace coffee with tea. I drank my coffee with hazelnut creamer and with tea I only need a teaspoon of sugar, so I figure that's a much better option. Another thing I did was reduce and then cut out soft drinks. Then I got a pedometer through a health program with my employers insurance plan (haven't been doing so well with that yet). For the past week I've been logging my food intake in MFP. I've found that if I'm eating the right things I'm not hungry at all! If I want a late night snack I have yogurt or cereal like cheerios or special K if I want something crunchy. Night snacking was one of my downfalls. I've really been geeking out on analyzing my nutrient vs. cholestorol/fat/sugar/sodium levels in MFP - increasing the former and reducing the latter. Anyway, I'm excited to join this journey!

Goals for what's left of this quarter

1. Track food intake consistently in MFP
2. Walk at least 20 mins/day 3 times/week
3. Weight - 340 lbs by March 31st
Welcome!! The first step is the hardest

Back on the horse with a 1000 yd swim today, after about 2 and a half weeks off. Work got in the way and I was not able to get to the pool. Eating hasn't been great either, but I'll just keep at it.

Except for a breakdown yesterday, the low carb seems to be working for me. Mostly it's working because I don't feel hungry.
Have a bacon egg and cheese sandwich at 7am and I'm hungry by 9 or 10. Have it with no bread and I'm good until 1.
Just need to stock up on 90% chocolate. I needs ma cocoa.

Last week I didn't exercise, my diet was pretty good. Yesterday I got back on track, I lifted weights after work. I'm finishing a BS in mathematics with a minor in education and I'm currently student teaching to finish my teaching certificate. Last week was the end of a grading cycle for my students and it was a huge push to get everything graded and close out the cycle.

I'm down to 222.4 lbs. I don't know if I'm going to make my goal weight of 215 but I'll take any progress.

Been out of pocket for a couple of weeks. Had to go out of town for work stuff. I kept up with exercise...moderately...and my diet has been okay but definitely could be better.

Yesterday the weather was bad so I had to stay inside. Spent 20 minutes on a rowing machine. Not sure if I did it right or not but I was sore in a good way this morning around my abs and lower back. Also did sets of push ups and a lot of stretching.

Tuesday, so another "Worst Eight Minutes of My Week". High Intensity Weights working on legs, hips, back and shoulders. Definitely needed a nap right after :001_smile

Got my walking in today ahead of the big rain event scheduled for tonite.
Didn't get any exercise in because of this storm. Had to rush home being let off work early. Several tornadoes touched down causing considerable damage. Be safe [MENTION=74646]honeycutt[/MENTION] this storm is no joke. Maybe not the biggest, but definitely serious.

Didn't get any exercise in because of this storm. Had to rush home being let off work early. Several tornadoes touched down causing considerable damage. Be safe @honeycutt this storm is no joke. Maybe not the biggest, but definitely serious.
Thanks Don- I'll be on the weather channel watching all night I guess.

[MENTION=52454]Haggises[/MENTION] I've had the same success with my low cars diet. I'm down 30lbs since Jan 7th. I haven't been as strict as I could have been yet I'm still losing fat. It's a fantastic way to eat for me. If it works for you too it's amazing!

All the best to all with their goals.

Cheers

M.

@Haggises I've had the same success with my low cars diet. I'm down 30lbs since Jan 7th. I haven't been as strict as I could have been yet I'm still losing fat. It's a fantastic way to eat for me. If it works for you too it's amazing!

All the best to all with their goals.

Cheers

M.
congrats!
30 lbs in 2 months is quite the achievement!

Top Bottom