What's new

Fitness challenge to Spring 2016 (Old 90 day challenge)

Due to the past successes of the fitness challenges, I want to bring them back in 2016. Instead of the 90 day challenges, I want to follow the Quarterly restraint approach.

To Spring Challenge is Jan 1 - March 21 2016
To Summer Challenge is April 1 to June 21 2016
To Fall Challenge is July 1 to September 21 2016
To Christmas will be October 1 to December 24, 2016.

To join, post your start weight, your goal, and 3 or more things that you plan to work on to achieve that goal. There is no reward for completing it on here, just the fact you will feel better and be healthier for it. Anyone is welcome to post their goals.

1 Kevdogg329 start is 467. My goal is 450 by the end of this period. I plan on getting back on Myfitnesspal to track calories, walking more, and cut back soda to 12 oz a day.

I'm in Kev. My goals are simple for a soon to be 62 year old man. I weigh 205 and want to reduce that down to 195. #1 goal is to increase my bench press- deadlifts-squat. # 2 cut back to only 1 soda a day, I love a Pepsi cola # 3 try to increase my overall strength without occurring any injury. Also, clean up my diet, increase protein intake. I know this is not much but these all my goals.

Good idea Kev!

no...GREAT IDEA!

1 Kevdogg329 start is 467. My goal is 450 by the end of this period. I plan on getting back on Myfitnesspal to track calories, walking more, and cut back soda to 12 oz a day.
2. honeycutt - Weigh 205, goal is 195. Increase bench press and deadlifts-squat. Cut to only 1 soda per day. Increase overall strength. Clean up diet, increase protein.
2. Haggises - Start is 233. My goal is 220 by end quarter. Use MFP, go to gym with son at least once a week. Log 10K steps on fitbit at least 3 times per week.

Last edited:
Glad to see you both come on board. I am trying for realistic goals and it gives a 10 day evaluation period to see the next quarters goals. Also if someone joins after Jan 1, just modify the goals for that quarter. The only way to fall out of this is to not apply oneself to the goals

Also I am thinking about getting a bike to ride to work down hill and have my wife pick me up after work. Don't know if it will be this quarter coming, but it is on the radar.

I've done a bunch of these 90 day challenges and they work really well as long as folks keep each other accountable and post their workouts to a thread (this one?). That said, I'm in!

Weight: 187, would like to get body fat from 18% down to 12% ish. I'll be doing 3 weightlifting sessions a week, and one HIIT/functional training workout - for a total of four workouts a week. At times, I'll add in a 30 minute brisk walk or yoga session to the week. My nutrition is already dialed in - I eat pretty well and have a regulated system in place.

I'll up the ante a bit: I'll give my gentlemanly word to award one random person who finishes the first 90 days a $20 gift certificate to maggards IF they complete a minimum of three 30 minute workouts a week, for three months, and post each workout consistently in the designated thread each day.

Hey I'm up for this.
Weight 170.2lbs (77.2kg) (12.16st)
Goal- no change but I guess we will see where we end up.
BF%19.2 Don't really need a change here either as I am over 40. Although it may not hurt to lose a percent or two.

So what are my goals?
#1 Floss every day
#2 Walk the dog at least twice a week.
#3 Ride the bike at least once a week weather permitting.
#4 Start pushup and situp routine.

So, I generally shave at night after a shower, often after a workout. After doing the 45min Rushfit circuit this evening - I briefly considered, then thought better of using the kamisori. My arms were still fatigued from the workout and were shaking a bit as I held my skin taught. Luckily, I had the DE handy just for that reason.

OK, I was planning to do more this quarter, so I'll commit to it here.

Currently 195. Goal is to get down to 185. Happy with my weight training (once a week, HIT), but will add back in at least one HIIT session a week and a daily walk. Go back to hard core paleo diet (less than 50g carbs).

So glad to see this is back. Ugh ... I've fallen off the wagon hard and my weight shows it, as does my physical condition.

Not making excuses, but 2015 was a difficult and busy year ... I got married, got a new job and lost my father. Marriage meant being a full-time step dad, and that meant giving up my Thursday night group rides when my daughter was in soccer so I could attend her games. After that, and doing lots of miles in 2014, I guess I was burnt out and gave up. The wedding was in June ... my dad died at the end of August and I spent a lot of the time between on the road, six hours plus, to visit dad in the hospital/nursing home and help mom with finding a nursing home, dealing with Medicaid, etc ... and now I'm settled into a new job. It's an hour commute, one way, so I'm losing two hours out of my day, but I can't use that as an excuse.

I meant to weigh myself this morning and didn't, but I know my last weight was right around 295. Ugh ... that's so disappointing. It's 40 pounds basically from when I was in really good shape. By March 21 I'd like to be 280. That's reasonable.

How:
1. Tracking my food/exercise in MFP - just during the week to start, allowing for a little more lax accountability on weekends.
2. Working out three times a week. I belong to a gym ... no idea when the last time I went was. So I'm lazy and I've wasted money. Ugh.
3. Setting up my indoor bike trainer. I'll likely lift/ride at the gym but aim to do a longer ride at least once on a weekend.
4. Take the dog for a walk everyday ... at least 20 minutes. I need it, and as a puppy, she really needs it. I'd started a few weeks back but got away from it with the holidays. I'm getting back to that asap.

Oh ... and thanks Kev for doing this! If there's anyway I can help, let me know.

2. honeycutt - Weigh 205, goal is 195. Increase bench press and deadlifts-squat. Cut to only 1 soda per day. Increase overall strength. Clean up diet, increase protein.
3. Haggises - Start is 233. My goal is 220 by end quarter. Use MFP, go to gym with son at least once a week. Log 10K steps on fitbit at least 3 times per week.
4. mike_the-kraken - reduce bodyfat by 6%
5. Blaidth - lose a percent or two while staying active
6. krow - goal 185
7. jjking54 - goal 280
8. countrydirt - goal - improve strength and flexibility - yoga 4X a week, hi intensity 3X -.goal - 185#

Tried to clean up the list. Feel free to go back and fix your goals if I didn't capture them correctly.

I fell off the exercise wagon when school started in the fall. My strength and flexibility went way downhill pretty fast. Most of my pants must have shrunk, so I guess I have to get a bit smaller. Current weight - 198 and want to get to 185 before 2016 is done.

I'm in. Starting weight is 182. Goal is 172 with an inch off my waist and to improve strength and endurance. My plan is to exercise daily: run or use the elliptical machine plus lift weights and do body weight exercises such as push-ups and pull-ups.

I'm in. Starting at 223. Goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the challenge. Plan to run 3 days a week, have 30 minutes activity (including the runs) 5-6 days a week, and to log my meals (probably with MFP) more consistently.

I am in as well. Starting weight is 213, with a goal weight of 205. Swim at least 3x per week, and rehab my knee to get back to running.

Bob, if you don't mind me asking, where do you go swimming? I was thinking of joining the Havertown Y but it's the wrong direction for me.

I'm in. Starting weight is 228, my goal weight is 215. Lift at list 2 times per week, take a serious look at my diet and eat less carbs and more green vegetables. I might have to start doing meal prep on the weekends.

Bob, if you don't mind me asking, where do you go swimming? I was thinking of joining the Havertown Y but it's the wrong direction for me.

I go to one of the University rec centers in the city. There are Y's in Ambler and Abington that have pools, too.

I go to one of the University rec centers in the city. There are Y's in Ambler and Abington that have pools, too.
Thanks. Swimming used to be my favorite exercise. Now it's confined to summer and usually involves escaping the children or throwing them up in the air.

Top Bottom