What's new

Fitness challenge to Spring 2016 (Old 90 day challenge)

I've been fasting the day before my big weight workout for the last few weeks. My very polite trainer didn't say anything, but I sensed I was struggling to maintain my current lifts. So this week, I didn't fast. The workout this morning seemed to go a lot better.

I still like fasting, but I'm going to go down to one day a week. I hit my goal for this challenge over the weekend and I hope with one fast a week it will be enough to maintain my weight and I'll still pick up the other benefits from a 24 break from eating.

Things are just about to wind up here in the Quarterly Challenge. I just did my last sprint workout. I've definitely improved in this workout some over the three months.

I'll save the final weigh-in for Monday.

I'm sitting at 220 today. I'm down 8 pounds from when I started, I didn't hit my goal weight but I'm happy with the loss.

See you guys in the next challenge.

I was down 9 pounds from my high.
Didn't get anywhere near the exercise I intended, but had most of February suffering from one ailment or another. Curling definitely helped.
Main feat was the low carb diet. It dropped my calorie intake very low on many days, yet I had no major hunger pangs.
Have strayed off the reservation a bit in UK, but getting back to it when I get home. If I can stick to it, 210 by summer is doable.

Welcome to Spring - although it may not look like that for our friends in the Northeast.

Getting on the scale today, I was 185! Down from 196 on Jan 1. My belt came in an inch.

I'll check on my strength results tomorrow at the gym (my trainer usually doesn't let me see the card so I don't obsess over numbers - which is exactly what I'm doing now :001_rolle )

My darling wife didn't notice until I told her. So I guess I don't look that different - but I feel better for having been steady through the last three months.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories throughout the challenge. It was fun to take this journey with you all!

I think I failed this challenge... have we done a final weigh in yet?
On to the next one I guess...
dont beat yourself up. We all have bad spells. Put on your adult pants, sign up for the next challenge and use the last 3 months as motivation to do better. You can do this!!! It just takes small steps.

Top Bottom