What's new

February 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Just head for Tirol next week. Snow is fantastic after Friday’s snow fall! :001_smile It will take your mind off of things…or apparently not as Hannes @Multum in parvo proves! :lol:
I better should join you. Mountain top, where no WiFi and mobile network is available.🤣

PS: Still in. Didn't manage to post in time on Saturday. But I had a great shave...
20240225_122010-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah Guido, I just caved when I saw that the regular available brushes didn’t feature any D01 variant at all.

Loft will be 24/50 after some consultation with @Balin
I have a hard time to imagine why Shavemac would cease to sell the D01-Silvertip (three band). It's such a great knot (and my clear favourite wrt the Shavemac lineup, but I haven't used a Finest yet). But then again, perhaps we are just freaks and selling numbers tell a different story 🤪👍

Still in on the last Sunday of February’s GRUME.

Pre-shave prep: shower, hot towel
Pre-shave: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Razor: RR GC-76P
Blade: Personna Medical Prep (1)
Brush: EJ Silvertip
Shave cream: Proraso Green
Post shave: warm water rinse, alum block, cold water rinse
AS: Proraso Green Balm

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!
IMG_3626.jpeg

Day 25, still restraining

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 Fibre
Bowl: Fine Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Speick

IMG_1929.jpeg

My face needed something mild today. OBIF had caused some drama on my face so, I reached for the Henson+ and was very satisfied. Not sure if I like the Simpson X3 Badger better than the X3 Fibre. I think I like them both equally. Very satisfying shave today.

Make it a great day!

SOTD February 25th 2024
🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge

Hello friends

Sunny Sunday here. I chose Ogallala Bay Rum for today's shave, a soap with a spectacular aroma and with the Semogue SOC Boar it produced a fantastic lather. Thanks to the generosity of my dear friend @Tanuki, I used the classic Pre-War Tech with a Gillette Nacet (12) which, after a dozen uses for OBIF, became a real feather (with a tiny f…). I finished with Pinaud Clubman VIBR. A splendid shave.

With us, Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

4A2CAB11-FCB6-422E-8FFD-8FDCA84EBEC5.jpeg
IMG_5301.jpeg

Shave #22
- Still In -

• Grooming Dept's La Rosa Profunda - SOTM, OBiF, Fruity February, GRUYERE
  • RazoRock Barber 24mm Synth
  • TI Le Grelot - 6/8"
  • RazoRock GC.84p
  • Gillette Minora Platinum
  • Stirling’s Glacial Citron Splash
The thing about incorporating straights into the repertoire is that it is not necessary to shave as closely everyday. Even better is after skipping a day and using the straight. Makes for such a satisfying experience and tremendous result - as was the case for today.

The squared tip of my blade offered me a gentle reminder to stay in the present moment - 🍻

Nothing noticeable after allowing the Kiehls Blue and Bloc Alum to do their specialties…

Today's shave, 3 days of growth

February : 13
2024 GRUYERE : 31

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Wilkinson Sword (0)
Pre Shave : NA
Soap (SOTM) : Hendrix classic & Co Badass shave soap.
Brush : Maggard SY 26
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Pinaud Bay Rum

Taking a big liking to this soap, but I believe this is discontinued and I am just using a sample.

Smooth shave, temps are going up on this Bay Rum will be put back in storage shortly.

Still in as we enter the home straight.
Tonight’s shave consisted of

Pre-Shave: Warm Face Wash
Razor: Gold Dollar 66 6/8
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 in Best
Soap: PDP No.63

Post Shave: Alum Block
Williams Acqua Velva Ice Blue Splash
PDP No.63 ASB
Amouage Boundless EDP

Stellar shave this evening. It would appear that practice must make perfect as feel that with each shave with the straight my technique and muscle memory are improving. A couple of tiny weepers caused no doubt by over confidence, all part of the learning curve. An extremely nice BBS without irritation from the alum. Maybe get one more shave in before February GRUME ends fellas. See you for March GRUME fellas 😎😎😎😎😎

5D66D386-C394-4D03-9A8F-C875EC8F10D9.jpeg

Top Bottom