What's new

Favourite Slant?

I'm glad to see the Fine Superlite getting some love on this informal poll. I have the Fine and the PAA at this time. I am willing to try others, and intrigued by RR Stealth and Wunderbar, but for me right now, the Fine is as good as it gets. I am getting comfortable, near BBS shaves with every use. I attribute this to blade rigidity, for me, this is a must and the Fine has it in spades. Much more rigid than the Bakelite. I have gotten a decent shave out of the PAA(out of only a handful of shaves), but with a lot more chatter and effort.

Dchalfy, glad you like it.

I use Feather and Kai blades only. I have US and Israeli Personnas on hand, but seldom use them anymore.

I really do enjoy the German 37, so thank you for the tip. I just acquired a vintage Hoffritz slant as a collectible in great condition. I look forward to trying it with a good blade. I think slant razors are the way to go for me.

I have plenty of Feather blades and may still have some Kai blades on hand to revisit. As I remember, the Kai blades were very good. Feathers are a one and done, maybe two shaves if I am lucky, so I think I have a lot of work to do on my technique in order to get rid of razor burn and irritation. I am on the heavy handed side, so learning to trust my chosen razors and blades and lighten up on the pressure should do the trick. I did order a few Bolzano and Super Sharp Super Max to try based on a recommendation, so I am looking forward to those blades. Have you ever tried the two brands I mentioned?

I really do enjoy the German 37, so thank you for the tip. I just acquired a vintage Hoffritz slant as a collectible in great condition. I look forward to trying it with a good blade. I think slant razors are the way to go for me.

I have plenty of Feather blades and may still have some Kai blades on hand to revisit. As I remember, the Kai blades were very good. Feathers are a one and done, maybe two shaves if I am lucky, so I think I have a lot of work to do on my technique in order to get rid of razor burn and irritation. I am on the heavy handed side, so learning to trust my chosen razors and blades and lighten up on the pressure should do the trick. I did order a few Bolzano and Super Sharp Super Max to try based on a recommendation, so I am looking forward to those blades. Have you ever tried the two brands I mentioned?

Correction: Super Max Super Platnium blades.

Merkur 37C because it's the only slant I have :)

It wasn't as aggressive as I thought it would be. It definitely feels less dangerous than a Fatip Grande. Very nice efficient razor, although I'm not 100% convinced that its due to the slant or just the blade exposure.

I did order a few Bolzano and Super Sharp Super Max to try based on a recommendation, so I am looking forward to those blades. Have you ever tried the two brands I mentioned?

Nope, I'm not a "blade surfer." I've used Sharks and GSBs that came with razors I bought, and they were okay. I have a few Astras that accompanied a recent purchase, but haven't used them yet.

With seemingly a few new slants of late released to the market, if you could only have one slant what would it be?
If I just had to own one slant the RR Wunderbar is my choice, and at the moment my favorite razor. Amazingly efficient, it has delivered the smoothest shaves I've ever had. If unavailable, the Ikon X3, and the RR German 37 is the best value slant on the market. amazing value for under $20. I prefer it to my Merkur 37C. I got 30 great shaves on one Polsilver blade with my German 37C. The Maggard is very good and the PAA Bakelite is a lot of fun, and seems to work best with an Astra SP blade, and I've tested a few with it.
The Ikon 102 is efficient and mild, if that's your speed. The only slant I don't much like is my vintage Lutz.

Top Bottom