What's new

Favourite Slant?

For the ones that I have --- In this order:

1) RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
2) Ikon Shavecraft #102
3) RazoRock Stealth Slant V2
4) RazoRock Wunderbar
5) Merkur 37C
6) RazoRock Stealth Slant DLC - I honestly cannot use this razor as it rips me a new one everytime I build up the courage to tame it

Yet to try but very interested to test/buy:
- Ikon X3, ATT S1/S2, Merkur 45C, RazoRock Torsion

You will love Merkur 45C. It remains my #1 DE razor. While it is not a slant, it shaves just as close/efficiently as the Wunderbar without being nearly as harsh as Wunderbar.

I have heard so many good things about Stealth slant V1, V2 and V3 that it is on my buy list. I don't know why Joe made the Wunderbar more aggressive than all the Stealth slants. The Stealths performed great feeling mild while being very efficient. If it aint broken...why fix it? However I will say that, the Wunderbar is not as harsh as some users claim, with correct blade it does not feel harsh at all. 7 o'clock Permasharp Green(India) really works well for me with my Wunderbar. Voskhod, Personna lab blue and GSB feel too harsh loaded in Wunderbar for me.

Last edited:
How do the S1 and S2 compare to the Merkur 37C slant? I love my Merkur, but want a stainless steel slant that has comparable aggression and feel.

I have a Mercur, RR, ATT S1 and S2. The RR is no longer available. So of those currently sold I prefer the ATT S1. It's smooth and efficient.

How aggressive is your Shavecraft compared with your other slants?
I have had four I sold my Merkur 39c, and still have an Ikon DLC slant on a SE handle, a ATT S1, and my favorite slant Shavecraft 102. The Merkur was okay, I just have a thing against zamac headed razors.

How do the S1 and S2 compare to the Merkur 37C slant? I love my Merkur, but want a stainless steel slant that has comparable aggression and feel.

The S1 for me is the smoothest slant I have ever used. It's almost like shaving with no blade in the razor. I would rank it as aggressive as the Merkur but smoother. The S2, on the other hand, is for me more aggressive than the Merkur.

I have the ikon dlc, ikon 102, ikon x3, holy black sr-71 and an ATT S2 on the way. Out of the ones I own I love the 102 and x3. We will see this week if ATT dethrones them though.

I have the Ikon DLC Slant, the Ikon 102, and the ATT S1 I have also had the Mercur but PIFed it and IMO the 102 is my favorite Slant.

A toss up between the Merkur 37C, and the Razorock Wunderbar. Both great twisted head razors. Not to knock all of the others mentioned. They are fine shavers, just that these two suit me more than any of those mentioned in other posts in this thread.

I have the ikon dlc, ikon 102, ikon x3, holy black sr-71 and an ATT S2 on the way. Out of the ones I own I love the 102 and x3. We will see this week if ATT dethrones them though.

I have the holy black SR-71 Slant and the iKon x3. I really like the x3. The SR-71 ate my face.

I have a 37c and love it. One thing I noticed is that my stubble returns quickly....maybe it's not shaving as closely as my Future or Grande. This, for me means 2 things.

1) I can shave every day without fear of ingrown hairs. I suspect because the haris are not being cut below the surface or that the shape of the cut end of my beard is different than it is with a non slant razor.

2) I can put feathers in it and the are smoother than in my other razors.

ymmv.

Gotta amend my previous post. In terms of shaving performance, my faves, in the following order, are:

1. RazoRock Wunderbar
2. RazorRock German 37
3. iKon X3
4. iKon ShaveCraft 102

If ranking by craftsmanship and appearance:

1. Wunderbar
2. X3 (tie)
2. SC102 (tie)
3. German 37

Top Bottom