What's new

Favourite Slant?

i only have one a hoffritz (merkur) but it shaves so good i have never thought about buying another one.john

I only have the Merkur 37c and you love it. Looking to try the new RR slant when the next batch is released if I get lucky enough.

+1 on the 37C. Excellent instrument. Wish I had ordered a 39C so that the handle matched my workhorse '38' of the last few years though. Think about that before trigger pulling. Can't miss either way though.

My Merkur 37c works great, don't feel the need to try anything else. I did have the new Fine slant and used it for a month or two. It was a quality tool and gave a good shave, however it's featherweight just didn't work for me, my face sees to prefer a little weight in the razor. YMMV

My first slant was a Merkur 39c and I tried the Ikon DLC Slant and the Fine Superlite. Both could not surpass the 39c. I was one of the lucky ones to get Razorock's latest slant and finally found a slant to dethrone the 39c. I still keep the 39c out to rotate with the Razorock, but the Ikon has been sold and the Fine is boxed up right now.

I have had four I sold my Merkur 39c, and still have an Ikon DLC slant on a SE handle, a ATT S1, and my favorite slant Shavecraft 102. The Merkur was okay, I just have a thing against zamac headed razors.

Never had any urge to buy another slant after getting a Merkur 37c, it just worked so well for me. That is until the Fine Superlite Slant came on the scene. The Superlite shaves just as well as the 37c for me once you get used to the light weight. Just always wanted to try a plastic slant but did not want to pay for a vintage Bakelite one.

Bob

For the ones that I have --- In this order:

1) RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
2) Ikon Shavecraft #102
3) RazoRock Stealth Slant V2
4) RazoRock Wunderbar
5) Merkur 37C
6) RazoRock Stealth Slant DLC - I honestly cannot use this razor as it rips me a new one everytime I build up the courage to tame it

Yet to try but very interested to test/buy:
- Ikon X3, ATT S1/S2, Merkur 45C, RazoRock Torsion

I have a Mercur, RR, ATT S1 and S2. The RR is no longer available. So of those currently sold I prefer the ATT S1. It's smooth and efficient.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a vintage Merkur 37G that's my go-to slant. Really, other than a few Bakelite slants, everything I've tried is Merkur (or Hoffritz, which is the same thing). The vintage 37G edges out the modern 37C I had, though. There is some difference in the design of the two. Although I could not tell you why it makes a difference, it does.

Would have to be my 37c.

The only razor I take when I travel.

I do have a 3 piece slant (stainless) in my free range head collection but the 37c still ranks higher for me

proxy.php

I have a ikon dlc slant and 102 slant. Still have yet to use them as I'm waiting for some minor irritation on my neck to go away.

Top Bottom