What's new

English Premier League 2012-13

A bit late joining this thread, but I'm here. I'm a dedicated Celtic supporter. Big CL qualifier coming up in just a few hours. Enjoying the very rare chance to see them on actual TV, something many fans take for granted.

They looked awfully good against their Swedish opponents at home today. Forrest playing wide right is a lot of fun to watch.

They looked awfully good against their Swedish opponents at home today. Forrest playing wide right is a lot of fun to watch.

Yes, he's came up through the youth system and done a really good job. He's still a bit inconsistent, but gives us some great pace on the break.

Quite a weekend. Carroll actually proves useful for once, then unfortunately gets injured. Dembele scores for Spurs but AVB has still not registered that first win. A van Persie hat trick was the only thing that kept a spirited Southampton at bay. And Brendan Rodgers looked clueless again on the touchline for Liverpool as the Gunners finally fire. And how about Swansea and West Brom so far in the early season?

Quite a weekend. Carroll actually proves useful for once, then unfortunately gets injured. Dembele scores for Spurs but AVB has still not registered that first win. A van Persie hat trick was the only thing that kept a spirited Southampton at bay. And Brendan Rodgers looked clueless again on the touchline for Liverpool as the Gunners finally fire. And how about Swansea and West Brom so far in the early season?

I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling again that I used to feel far too often as a Spurs fan. I think Dembele is a great signing though. Disappointed we missed out on Moutinho. Brad Freidel kept us in the game on Saturday which raises some questions over the £12m they've paid for Lloris, but perhaps he'll be one for the future.

Swansea and West Brom are looking very impressive. I'm surprised Baggiez hasn't been back considering the start West Brom have had.

Aston Villa got their first point of the season with a good draw away at Newcastle, which must have pleased Griffo.

Dismal start for Liverpool. A tough set of games to open up with but I had hoped for more than 1 point by now! I would take Michael Owen back in a heartbeat.

Dismal start for Liverpool. A tough set of games to open up with but I had hoped for more than 1 point by now! I would take Michael Owen back in a heartbeat.

I read a Michael Owen return is a strong possibility! I wonder how the majority of fans will feel about that after his time at Manchester United? It seems Brendan Rodgers has been let down somewhat. He's let several of his players go during the transfer window and then was unable to sign any replacements. Like AVB at Spurs I think he's going to need time to get things right.

I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling again that I used to feel far too often as a Spurs fan. I think Dembele is a great signing though. Disappointed we missed out on Moutinho. Brad Freidel kept us in the game on Saturday which raises some questions over the £12m they've paid for Lloris, but perhaps he'll be one for the future.

Swansea and West Brom are looking very impressive. I'm surprised Baggiez hasn't been back considering the start West Brom have had.

Aston Villa got their first point of the season with a good draw away at Newcastle, which must have pleased Griffo.

Griffo was well pleased. A cracking performance at a tough away ground and except for an absolute cracker from Ben Arfa we possibly deserved better than a point - Pardew said as much in his interview. Things are coming together, Agbonlahor is back and Ireland looks like he's interested again which is a good thing. The new boys starting look like they are settling as well. Much happier today than last Monday.

I wouldn't be too depressed about Spurs. They have bought well, I think, and they will get in to gear, the guy needs a chance and to stamp his own way on it all.

Be greatful you're not a Liverpool fan. Oh dear.

Just for the Liverpool fans who think Owen is still available, so is Heskey. Just think you may be able to get the same forward line back from when you used to be competitive :thumbup:

Joking aside, they were very poor yesterday.

Happy weekend for Gooners.

And, on a separate note, RvP did a fine job performing a hat trick. He really saved Man U.

Also, I just heard from someone at the pub that van Persie's house was recently burnt down...

... the police are suspecting Arsene...

Happy weekend for Gooners.

And, on a separate note, RvP did a fine job performing a hat trick. He really saved Man U.

Also, I just heard from someone at the pub that van Persie's house was recently burnt down...

... the police are suspecting Arsene...

Definitely a good weekend for the Gooners. As for RvP- :a38:

Here we go again after the international break. I'm hoping LFC will kick start their season with an easy home game against........oh, it's Man Utd. Nevermind, there's always next week.

Here we go again after the international break. I'm hoping LFC will kick start their season with an easy home game against........oh, it's Man Utd. Nevermind, there's always next week.

Big, big game for Liverpool tomorrow! City against Arsenal should be interesting too!

So glad Tottenham got a win last week, hopefully they'll add another against QPR tomorrow.

I'm very happy with Arsenal coming out of the Etihad with a point. Either team could have won that one.

United 2-1 over Pool. Controversy. Drama. Typical game.

Tottenham against United tomorrow.

Based on previous trips to Old Trafford I fully expect United to be given a dubious penalty and Spurs to score a goal that everyone but the referee thinks should stand! :001_tt2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tottenham against United tomorrow.

Based on previous trips to Old Trafford I fully expect United to be given a dubious penalty and Spurs to score a goal that everyone but the referee thinks should stand! :001_tt2:

Have you not read the latest Referee guide book?
Section 4, subsection D, paragraph iii) To ensure a fair measure of....wine in Mr. Ferguson's office after the match, let Man Utd win at all costs.

This season will be tough... i support mufc, tottenham, west ham, and swansea. yesterday wasnt good for my blood pressure.

Well that was a very long wait before I could finally celebrate a decent Liverpool result. Top 4 here we come!

Top Bottom