What's new

Does my logic make sense?

I'm not a daily shaver, just every 3 -4 days which means there is substantial growth to mow down. I use a mid-aggressive razor and tone it down or beef it up with the blade. I have DE's SE's and injectors. From all these I do have a small preference for the injector as it gives me the most comfortable shave by a little over the others. I do 2 passes. WTG,XTG and a little correction (buffing) at my jaw line. This gives me an irritation free BBs every time. Maybe if you tried an injector, it could agree with you more than others and there are cheap ones to buy like the Schick G. Mild enough but efficient.

I'm not a daily shaver, just every 3 -4 days which means there is substantial growth to mow down. I use a mid-aggressive razor and tone it down or beef it up with the blade. I have DE's SE's and injectors. From all these I do have a small preference for the injector as it gives me the most comfortable shave by a little over the others. I do 2 passes. WTG,XTG and a little correction (buffing) at my jaw line. This gives me an irritation free BBs every time. Maybr id you tried an injector, it could agree with you more than others and there are cheap ones to buy like the Schick G. Mild enough but efficient.
I'm not opposed to trying out a SE.

If you want to experiment a little and although YMMV, I'll give you a brief preference list of my SE's and Injectors.
Schick G... Mild and smooth.
Schick E....More aggressive, needs watching.
Pal adjustable... A good razor, find the aggressiveness level and you'll like. I use mine on 4.
Supply provision injector. The smoothest shaver I've ever tried on plate 3. This plate needs watching out for perfect technique. Plate 2 more forgiving, but not equally smooth.
From my various SE's I would recommend the General, the Rocnel SE50 if you like fiddling with things and the SE(P) the one with a DE blade snapped in half. They give me great shaves. Go for the SB one as it's much cheaper than the scalloped and gives the same shave. You might not like the weight of the Rocnels though as they come in at I think 138gr.

I'm not a daily shaver, just every 3 -4 days which means there is substantial growth to mow down. I use a mid-aggressive razor and tone it down or beef it up with the blade. I have DE's SE's and injectors. From all these I do have a small preference for the injector as it gives me the most comfortable shave by a little over the others. I do 2 passes. WTG,XTG and a little correction (buffing) at my jaw line. This gives me an irritation free BBs every time. Maybe if you tried an injector, it could agree with you more than others and there are cheap ones to buy like the Schick G. Mild enough but efficient.

IMO...there are DE razors just as good as DE's...

The Postwar Tech, NEW SC, Old type, TTO's... Just to name a few. People flock to SE's for rigidity, a few DE's, modern or vintage work just as good.

Top Bottom