What's new

Does my logic make sense?

100% agree^.

A Red Tip is noticeably more aggressive than a Tech; getting the best angle is key. Have you considered an adjustable? There are many Gillette Slims on the market at decent prices. Adjustables give you a lot of latitude.
I had a slim and got rid of it.

I had a slim and got rid of it.

Oh, OK. I would suggest the middle version of the Flare Tip SS, one that is neither blue or red. That would be a little more forgiving than a Red Tip. There's nothing wrong with trying a RT; I have one. It took me several weeks to transition from an EJ89, however. I wasn't looking for a very aggressive razor, but found a C1 RT that is my birth year and quarter, so I jumped on it. Had a lot of irritation for awhile above my lip, until I learned the proper angle and used less pressure. I get good shaves from it now, but there was a learning curve for me.

I only do WTG and ATG and touch up. I found that a very efficient razor was best for me because it improved my technique and it kept my touch up to a minimum. I think if you want to go adjustable I would pick the Merkur Progress. A very smooth and efficient 3 piece would be the Schone and it's under $30.00.
Schone Gold&Nickel.JPG

490938-390438fafe13547bc06926ef4bfa4f78.jpg

I only do WTG and ATG and touch up. I found that a very efficient razor was best for me because it improved my technique and it kept my touch up to a minimum. I think if you want to go adjustable I would pick the Merkur Progress. A very smooth and efficient 3 piece would be the Schone and it's under $30.00. View attachment 775579
490938-390438fafe13547bc06926ef4bfa4f78.jpg
I don't feel the need for adjustable, what I care most about is how maneuverable the razor is as I have a very detailed beard . I was however also considering a rockwell 6s.

Oh, OK. I would suggest the middle version of the Flare Tip SS, one that is neither blue or red. That would be a little more forgiving than a Red Tip. There's nothing wrong with trying a RT; I have one. It took me several weeks to transition from an EJ89, however. I wasn't looking for a very aggressive razor, but found a C1 RT that is my birth year and quarter, so I jumped on it. Had a lot of irritation for awhile above my lip, until I learned the proper angle and used less pressure. I get good shaves from it now, but there was a learning curve for me.
you mean the silver tip?

I don't feel the need for adjustable, what I care most about is how maneuverable the razor is as I have a very detailed beard .
With some of my razors I have to use an injector to get my back jaw line because the heads are too big. With the Schone I don't. I have been using the Schone more than any of my other razors lately because it's such a pleasure to use and does such a good job. The Schone is also made of brass.

Why not try an adjustable?

However, YMMV as far as achieving a BBS. I would be careful not to sacrifice the health of your skin for a BBS.

Why not try an adjustable?

However, YMMV as far as achieving a BBS. I would be careful not to sacrifice the health of your skin for a BBS.
Idk, I guess since I liked the tech so much , I am keen on staying that route. I had a Fatboy and a Slim and just wasn't a fan.

I suggest that you map your beard. That may provide a clue to what is going on.
I just shaved yesterday, but I have a pretty good idea. Maybe I should post pics of lather I usually whip up and post here , then follow up when I get a few days growth so you guys can see if I got it right? This way , we can exclude the obvious ?

Striling and T&H no. 10 . I really doubt lather is the issue because I get a mound of lather from these very easily.

If you've only been DE shaving for a few months and the other directions are fine, it could be that you are not changing the angle of the razor as the contours of your neck change. I shave my face and my head everyday and my wrist position is constantly changing to maintain the correct angle and pressure throughout my shave.

If you've only been DE shaving for a few months and the other directions are fine, it could be that you are not changing the angle of the razor as the contours of your neck change. I shave my face and my head everyday and my wrist position is constantly changing to maintain the correct angle and pressure throughout my shave.
Hmm, this response makes the most sense and is something I never really put much thought into. It's very possible.

Just an excuse for lack of discipline and poor technique. And yes, extremely sorry!
Not even close.
As said already, YMMV. I nave seen too many people suffering achieving the "holly" BBS. No need for that really.
Yet one can keep trying - totally fine by me. :001_302:

What did you find works for you ?

Well, talking about the "every possible growing pattern" patches.... I'd say that's NO pressure what really works... Especially if I'm shaving with a SR... these SRs seem to mow down my difficult stubble with no effort whatsoever. with any other razor.... steep angle, light touch, no pressure...

But it depends on the day, the side of the moon...etc...

Top Bottom