What's new

DIY (Do It Yourself) Shave Gear!

Im a bit undecided on that. The pale maple stains very easily and kind of makes the golden razor disappear. Plus it is going to be standing in a moist bathroom environment. So I'm leaning towards applying a black lacquer. It will also make the rack I'm currently building, for my brushes, a matching finish. But for now it stands in raw wood.

With the multiple razor style stands, as anyone every worried they might grab the head of the razor from the wrong end? I've always wondered if I might do that :blushing:

Whipped this up in a hurry a couple months ago to hold all my shaving stuff.
(and a little of the Wife's)
$IMG_20150506_144617.jpg
Works great for me... unless i continue to feed my habit.

Knocked this up in the woodshop at school (I'm a teacher). I messed up the finish a bit because I initially made the cut out for the brush too small, oops. Does the job though.

$uploadfromtaptalk1432928795417.jpg

Made this yesterday with some scraps. Needed a shaving stand for this summer while I'm working at a summer camp away from the Den.

LOVE all the ideas on this thread. Not quite up to the standards that have been set, but this will do for now:

1/2 inch PVC plumbing couplings - 34 cents each:

proxy.php

Painted:

proxy.php

Zip Ties:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Played around a bit today to improve on what I have. Had to make it mobile for when I buy a house in a few months. Got some great ideas in this thread. Just have to add a few brush holders:

proxy.php

Been DE shaving for about 3 months and I just got my first real brush (a Semogue 830 - which I am loving!) and figured that I need a stand. I finally got out to the workshop today, found a few scraps and this is what I've come up with! So far its working really well as a free stand for my brush and razor.

Attachments

• $20150628_160204.jpg
    $20150628_160204.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 155
Been DE shaving for about 3 months and I just got my first real brush (a Semogue 830 - which I am loving!) and figured that I need a stand. I finally got out to the workshop today, found a few scraps and this is what I've come up with! So far its working really well as a free stand for my brush and razor.

Love it ! Wait until that brush splays ! It is an amazing brush just give it time and you'll see what I mean.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435553543.435596.jpg

I was at a local thrift shop and found this. When I went up to the checkout counter, the cashier said that she thought that it was a doll stand. I went on eBay and sure enough there were several listings for similar items. I paid 99 cents for it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom