What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Shave #29 with an Omega 10049. Lather was not abundant, but I was using a B&M soap which I find par for the course. I made two mistakes. I used one flick of water instead of a full
Resizer_16092533846690.jpg
dripping brush, it's hard to make up that water by dipping later if you get behind on the water ratio, and I only loaded for 90 seconds instead of my full two minutes and the brush was not fully loaded.

I've got a killer sinus infection so can't smell anything which helped me decide on the next three soaps I'm going to use. Today was Tabac, tomorrow Arko and the day after Williams.

- Leaf w/King C Gillette (12) - head shaves only
- Supply Co 2.0 w/Schick Platinum Plus - neck and bear trim only. I've lost track of how many uses but it's still comfortable.
- Tabac
- Zenith BO3-A26 (aka B19)
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
- Pinaud Clubman

proxy.php

Shave #29 with an Omega 10049. Lather was not abundant, but I was using a B&M soap which I find par for the course. I made two mistakes. I used one flick of water instead of a fullView attachment 1201356 dripping brush, it's hard to make up that water by dipping later if you get behind on the water ratio, and I only loaded for 90 seconds instead of my full two minutes and the brush was not fully loaded.
You load for a full two minutes? I'm a little afraid of the amount of lather that will produce, but that won't stop me from trying it. I'll try anything once... twice if it was a bad day :)

You load for a full two minutes? I'm a little afraid of the amount of lather that will produce, but that won't stop me from trying it. I'll try anything once... twice if it was a bad day :)
Timing a full two minutes was my training wheels when learning how to make sure boars are loaded. There are some brushes that this would give me enough lather for a week, like the unbleached Zenith. But my Omega Pro 49 seems to need every second of that, at least with B&M soaps.

Reactions: bjm
I finally got this tiny Semogue in the mail today. I think it's called a 1470. 🤔.
It's tiny! Here it is next to Zenith's short scrubby and a big unbleached.
Resizer_16092977120141.jpg
Into the fridge it goes overnight and then I'll hand lather it for a few days along with the morning shave to get a feel for it.

I finally got this tiny Semogue in the mail today. I think it's called a 1470. 🤔.
It's tiny! Here it is next to Zenith's short scrubby and a big unbleached. View attachment 1201585Into the fridge it goes overnight and then I'll hand lather it for a few days along with the morning shave to get a feel for it.
Yessir, the one in the middle is a 1470. Absolutely phenomenal brush. Possibly my favorite brush of all time. Definitely my favorite boar

It'll take her a fair amount of time to break in, so the acceleration methods, that your refrigerator statement suggests, are a good idea.

God I love that brush... except the sticker. I always immediately take those stickers off.

Top Bottom