What's new

d'amaris - a piece of romanian shaving memorabilia, still sold today

I haven't seen/used that since we were digging in Romania (I was part of a field staff of historians and archaeologists that dug at a Roman site near the Danube Delta). That brings back some good memories and hot days about an hour away from a town called Tulcea! I might have to hunt some of this stuff down for nostalgia's sake.

I shaved with it today. I think it's better than the version in the gray tube. Seems there's been some tweaking done to the recipe. It did not irritate my skin.

Seems to be on par now with what they had when the cream was manufactured in Poland.

I shaved with it today. I think it's better than the version in the gray tube. Seems there's been some tweaking done to the recipe. It did not irritate my skin.

Seems to be on par now with what they had when the cream was manufactured in Poland.
Was it manufactured in Poland after the Italian version ?

I honestly don't know. When I picked up shaving the "classic" way a few years ago, it was already manufactured in Poland for the current brand owner.

I do recall that my dad used to shave with it during the '90s.

I’m heading to Bucharest in a couple of weeks, and trying to do some research on where to find shaving supplies Like this D’Amaris. Is it any grocery store, drugstores, pharmacies….? Eager to try some local products while on the road.

I recommend Auchan for the biggest variety. Creams like D'amaris can also be found in smaller stores such as Mega Image and Profi. At Profi you could also find some shaving products made in Poland.

I would also recommend looking at some local products like the aftershaves produced by the Farmec company.

Classic line:

Modern line:

Aftershaves from a smaller competing company:

The above are the balms, they also have lotions.

So, I’m currently in Bucharest, and have picked up both the D’Amaris silver and black tubes, and some of the Gerovital aftershaves, from a combination of Prosi and Carrefour. All very inexpensive. Interestingly, at Carrefour, there was one silver tube left and a new batch of the black tubes, so seems like out with the old, in with the new. I‘ve used both and preferred the new black formula. On to Bulgaria …

Top Bottom