What's new

d'amaris - a piece of romanian shaving memorabilia, still sold today

...a piece of memorabilia, the romanian made shaving cream, D'amaris...]
Two very poor quality products, in my opinion, of course.
Here are my samples, free to anyone that is willing to pay postage:
proxy.php

these are the old ones, after d'amaris was taken over by colgate and before Solea. the samples you have are made in italy, not in romania.
@malocchio tried a new batch which is made in romania by Solea and he can tell you more about them

I never knew the old D'Amaris Royal was made in Italy , I always thought it was made in Romania....Perhaps the Italian creams were made in Italy by Palmolive or Figaro ?

They were made in Italy after Colgate took over, and I don't know why since workforce is definitely cheaper in Romania

I never knew ...
Here is one more thing few people know about. Romani is a homonym for Romanian, and there is more to say about it.
Rromani are an ethnic group very different than Romanians (the nation). As a general knowledge. It would also be a bit, just a bit, controversial to post a picture of a Rromani in a discussion about Romania/Romanian.

It was posted earlier in the thread. But what does it have to do with d'amaris?
Are you from around here or just interested in the culture?
I can gladly tell you more.
Your observation about rromani and romani is on the point.

yes, this is correct. also, they are organized in "tribes", every so-called tribe is mastering another trade. so we have brick makers, tin workers, bear walkers (yes, they used to use live domesticated bears for back pain massage) and so on.
And then we have the petty thieves :)

From what I know , the ROM people actually migrated to Romania from India.
So, if you don't mind me asking, what part of " It would also be a bit, just a bit, controversial to post a picture of a Rromani in a discussion about Romania/Romanian." you don't understand?
Oh well, we better leave it here.

@VerbaVolant the picture is here because earlier in the thread i mentioned that malocchio (a latin concept which translates roughly in the capacity do do someone harm with a glance :) ) also has a romanian correspondent (deochi) and our friend @malocchio found that picture and posted it here.
Since I am the only Romanian in this thread (unless you migrated over the ocean from Romania also) i do not declare myself offended about that picture, because it wasn't intended at offending anyone. I was just posted because we mentioned that "deochi".
Indeed @VerbaVolant , it's quite nasty to call a Romanian a gypsy...

Hi, I just wanted to say that while this wonderful cream used to be made in Romania at some point, it's currently manufactured by a company called MPS International, from Poland.

I've tried to find what Romanian company originally made this but all I can find are articles written after Colgate-Palmolive bought the original manufacturers.

Hi, I just wanted to say that while this wonderful cream used to be made in Romania at some point, it's currently manufactured by a company called MPS International, from Poland.

I've tried to find what Romanian company originally made this but all I can find are articles written after Colgate-Palmolive bought the original manufacturers.
Manufactured in Poland by Solea or farmed out to Poland by Solea ??..Solea is a Swiss company , no ?

Unfortunately, these days it's manufactured by Evyap (of Arko fame) in Turkey. Using it feels exactly like using the Arko creams. Slight allergic reaction - swelling in certain spots on my face.

The brand is still owned by Nec Plus Ultra. They just changed manufacturer from MPS International to Evyap.

My skin does not like Evyap's shaving creams at all. Ouchy.

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

Top Bottom