What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

View attachment 711928

Thanks for all the great comments.It's 13x3-1/2...There is a larger stone out there(that I know of,maybe more?...) the owners name is David I believe?The cat is a ham.

Nice one Lou!

Here is another big slab......

the big one is just over 5kg! pure Hybrid LesLat Pleasure....... This is btw. what i call raw.....
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Greets Sebastian....

Jeeez... That was on their SITE? Really? Do I even want to know what it cost?

This week I picked up a glued combo that's nothing special (will probably just flip it asap on eBay), another synth coti, and these two.

A Torrey Old Rock paddle with one of the pink speckled stones I've been told are likely from the same vein as "Rose Rock" coti's; nice and hard and fine, whatever it is; and a 9.75x1.25x0.5" pure coti slab... basically the exact coticule I spent my first five years of coticule collecting searching for and never scored until now (Not as much of a thrill now as it would have been back then, but still makes me happy).

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 139
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 142
$IMG_1614.jpg

Here is one on the larger side with a la grise type look to it though pretty certain it is vintage.Razor is 7/8 Heljestrand marked on the opposite side KEN.

Nice log.

I keep thinking about that les lat egg though.... the unobtanium factor is too high for me to forget about it.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Nice log.

I keep thinking about that les lat egg though.... the unobtanium factor is too high for me to forget about it.
Same here. Brooke asked me what kind of wedding ring I wanted and I told her I wanted one with a Les Lat polished stone. She looked at me funny and laughed, but I wasn't kidding. :blush:

Oh man , dont do this For man is cool gold ring with a red gem - a garnet , carneol or rubie If you put coti on a weding ring - it will break , soon or late as it s on the hand .It must mbe a dark red precious stone

Well i know your love to the coticules , i will not be surprised , if you do it .Dont do it - not a coticule
if whant you can put a red iromono nakyama and will say that it is carneol Jnat is better foor this purpose ii think
:thumbup:

David

I don't think I've ever seen this label on a coticule before. It's 5x2 3/8 but someone has cut some off one end, I'm guessing for a slurry stone.

Attachments

• $IMG_8957.jpg
    $IMG_8957.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 105
  • $IMG_8958.jpg
    $IMG_8958.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 104
  • $IMG_8956.jpg
    $IMG_8956.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 103
Same here. Brooke asked me what kind of wedding ring I wanted and I told her I wanted one with a Les Lat polished stone. She looked at me funny and laughed, but I wasn't kidding. :blush:

I knew I wasn't crazy. I've been wanting to give my girlfriend honing stone (particularly manganese loaded coticule) jewelry, but I wouldn't even know if such a thing is feasible (or would be appreciated... her first question the last time I gave her gifts (one of which was a pair of earrings) was "What type of stone's are they")?. :blink: I was a bit taken aback, but maybe I just don't understand women.

I'm sure I've not seen that exact label before, but (C)lauberg & Brothers rings a bell... I want to say I've seen another label with that trademark/ID before.

And Rosen; normal coti I'd expect, but I wouldn't be so sure about Les Lat. The stuff is hard... I thought someone analyzed some and found it was very similar in composition to marble?

How about a pair of BBW Knuckles? That'd be cool (and shouldn't cost much).

Last edited:

David

I knew I wasn't crazy. I've been wanting to give my girlfriend honing stone (particularly manganese loaded coticule) jewelry, but I wouldn't even know if such a thing is feasible (or would be appreciated... her first question the last time I gave her gifts (one of which was a pair of earrings) was "What type of stone's are they")?. :blink: I was a bit taken aback, but maybe I just don't understand women.

I'm sure I've not seen that exact label before, but Lauberg & Brothers rings a bell... I want to say I've seen another label with that trademark/ID before.
Have you seen the coticule egg? That's what made me want the polished stone in my wedding band. I'll look for the egg. It's killer.

The Les lat one? Yeah, isn't it posted in this thread somewhere? It's a hell of a showpiece. I inherited an onyx? egg that is gorgeous. I'd love to have that coti to sit right next to it.

Sebastian, cut us all eggs out of your giant hunk of les lat!

Top Bottom