What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Very smooth. Feels like ultra-fine sandpaper on an extra hollow. Semi hollows, it feels like oiled up glass.

Attachments

• $coti.jpg
    $coti.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 148
Man you have some wicked coticules from the old stock .Hard stones , for shure
Is this one a LL layer , what do you think .

Last edited by a moderator:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Wow. Nice stone. I've never seen a Burton-Rox sticker like that before.
Is one side faster than the other?

Haven't finish to lap it yet and sorry but I'm not intended to remove the stickers just for try the back side, the reason why you have never see stickers like that is because peoples usually are courious and remove them for choose the side that they prefer to use. I'm not so courious and prefer to preserve the stickers for the next generations.

Maybe it could be, double salm sounds good, for sure is a great piece. I'm looking forward to finish the lapping process, put a blade on it and see how it works.

Very nice. So is that a true LL with the hydrid sandwiched netween? If so my guess would be that they would put the sticker on the side that wasn't as good so it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a really nice ll sandwich. I've got one too, but the hybrid layer is not nearly as thick or clean. Really cool stones, but I can understand his not wanting to remove the label I wouldn't either. You can always get another Stone, even another Les lat... you will probably never get another stone with that label.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thanks Steve. They're both 150x50. The one in the front belongs to me, the other to a friend of mine. They're hens teeth these days.

Just came today...La Verte?? Not marked. Slurry stone has no wear at all-

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

And my other rock was jealous...so wanted its picture taken too! Which one do you like better?

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Top Bottom