What's new

College Football

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah. OU and UT seem to have a lot in common this season. They both started well but have started showing some puzzling weaknesses. I understand it better for Texas since Sark is so offense focused. The SEC will be a whole new world. A frightening one.

I have studied both OU and the Longhorns defenses this year. And while they are both, much improved, they just don’t appear to be as physical or as aggressive as when I watch the defense’s on SEC teams.

I don’t know, if that’s because of just playing B12 spread offenses instead of the line em all up on the scrimmage line and smash em like SEC teams do or what; I just dunno…

But I agree, seems a bit frightening to think about.

My Ohio State Buckeyes continue to be the most unimpressive undefeated college football team I've seen in awhile. Our defense is much improved but this offense is thoroughly uninspiring, mainly because of the mediocre play of QB Kyle McCord. Not to jump on him but he's not reading the field well, missing open receivers downfield and instead tossing short passes to checkdown guys. The B1G isn't an impressive conference either. It's like the old days: the Big Two and the Little Eight (or 12 or however many teams there are anymore) with only OSU and Michigan being truly competitive with other big name schools.
We'll see what happens.

The Horny Toads made several poor decisions that hurt them badly. But, even with their 2nd string QB, they put up a helluva fight against the 'Horns.

In what weird universe does Okie State get totally demolished by Central Florida? :confused1

Well, for a change, my OSU Buckeyes showed a bit of offense as well as defense, granted against a pretty sad Michigan State squad. The Inevitable Showdown with Michigan looms two weeks hence, them probably without their head coach.
Get the popcorn ready!

Roll Tide big win over Chattanooga Saturday. Now its official beat Auburn week. Auburn paid New Mexico State $ 1.8 mil to come to Auburn on cupcake weekend to beat them. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide big win over Chattanooga Saturday. Now its official beat Auburn week. Auburn paid New Mexico State $ 1.8 mil to come to Auburn on cupcake weekend to beat them. Roll Tide RollA
Auburn was a 25.5 point favorite . Instead NM State beat them by 21 points.

Well, the Iron Bowl is in a few hours. Alabama will be playing Auburn. I am trying to decide whether to get up and watch the game (4:30am for me). Anyway, Roll Tide!

Roll Tide Roll Alabama looked like Fido's - well you know.About time we had some good luck come our way for a change.

Go Blue!!
Man, that one really hurt today. Ohio State played well but fell just short. I'm hoping that next year our quarterback play improves some ... but then we'll be missing Marvin Harrison, Jr. Every year you have to replace a lot of players on your roster. Last year, we had a great QB but a lousy defense. This year we had a great defense but a mediocre quarterback. It's hard to put it all together.
Anyway, congrats to Michigan. They earned it. But we'll be back ...

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Man, that one really hurt today. Ohio State played well but fell just short. I'm hoping that next year our quarterback play improves some ... but then we'll be missing Marvin Harrison, Jr. Every year you have to replace a lot of players on your roster. Last year, we had a great QB but a lousy defense. This year we had a great defense but a mediocre quarterback. It's hard to put it all together.
Anyway, congrats to Michigan. They earned it. But we'll be back ...
I have never been to Michigan and have never seen them play in person but Blue has been my team since childhood.

Top Bottom