What's new

College Football

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well the Georgia Bulldogs defeated Florida 43-20 Saturday. Now let's see how they do against their next challenge, Missouri, next Saturday at 3:30!

Dawgs practice hard and win..jpg

Go, Dawgs!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Disappointed last Saturday with the play of my Oklahoma Sooners, but man, did the Kansas Jayhawks bring it! They we’re definitely the better team that Saturday.

Congrats and good game to any RockChalk Jayhawk fans in here. While I’m sad for my teams loss, it’s exciting to see Kansas which is predominantly a basketball school which also probably gets the lion share of the slices of the athletic budgets pie, it’s awesome to see their football team doing so well. :)

Disappointed last Saturday with the play of my Oklahoma Sooners, but man, did the Kansas Jayhawks bring it! They we’re definitely the better team that Saturday.

Congrats and good game to any RockChalk Jayhawk fans in here. While I’m sad for my teams loss, it’s exciting to see Kansas which is predominantly a basketball school which also probably gets the lion share of the slices of the athletic budgets pie, it’s awesome to see their football team doing so well. :)
If the Sooners hadn't had that weather delay it might of been different.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

This is a stellar example of one of the things I like best about this site, mature good sportsmanship.

I graduated from The Ohio State University.
I worked at The Ohio State University for 33 years.
The Ohio State University football team is currently rated #1 in the country.
I don't believe for one millisecond that the Buckeyes are the best team in the country. But I guess we'll get our opportunity to find out, won't we?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I graduated from The Ohio State University.
I worked at The Ohio State University for 33 years.
The Ohio State University football team is currently rated #1 in the country.
I don't believe for one millisecond that the Buckeyes are the best team in the country. But I guess we'll get our opportunity to find out, won't we?

To my way of thinking we have no idea who the #1 team in the country is until we're further down the road.

If the Dawgs and the Poisonous Nuts keep winning they'll end up playing. My guess is both teams will be better teams by then.

Looking back we'll also know about strength of schedule which is another thing we don't know much about just yet.

I care about beating our next opponent and about my team continuing to improve and not much beyond that. All the rest will work itself out as the season progresses.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Elimination tournaments like the BCS and March Madness do a poor job at finding the truly best team. Longer series like the NFL, NBA, and MBL use are much better. I would love a larger play-in for the BCS, but it would run into February. I do not see that happening.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
As expected, Missouri was a tough, physical, talented team with no quit in them. Their loss to my Dawgs shouldn't crush their season. Turnovers made a huge and deciding difference.

Go, Dawgs!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Congratulations on a fine run over the last couple of years kind sir…..Enjoy “My Dawgs” while they are making hay while the sun is out.

Indeed.

I've been a Georgia football fan since forever. I'm enjoying the ride.

There's no such thing as a forever dynasty. They'll always be my Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
It was a long day of nail biting. Texas may have another W, but they sure crumbled towards the end. The OT victory was given to them by a bad play call on Kansas' part. UW looked good on offense, but so did USC. Anytime the other team hangs that many points on you, even if you win, it is time to do some serious rethinking. Defenses are getting so darned complicated. FSU took a long time to get off the launch pad. Notre Dame going down is always entertaining. 'Bama did the 'Bama thing. Bedlam shocked me, but that is always a hard game to forecast regardless of records. Army beating Air Force really surprised me. Being a Navy guy, it points towards more nail biting for the Army Navy game. On balance, though, it was another excellent day of NCAA football.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It was a long day of nail biting. Texas may have another W, but they sure crumbled towards the end. The OT victory was given to them by a bad play call on Kansas' part. UW looked good on offense, but so did USC. Anytime the other team hangs that many points on you, even if you win, it is time to do some serious rethinking. Defenses are getting so darned complicated. FSU took a long time to get off the launch pad. Notre Dame going down is always entertaining. 'Bama did the 'Bama thing. Bedlam shocked me, but that is always a hard game to forecast regardless of records. Army beating Air Force really surprised me. Being a Navy guy, it points towards more nail biting for the Army Navy game. On balance, though, it was another excellent day of NCAA football.

Disappointed by Bedlam, but I wasn’t surprised by Bedlam. The Cowboys seemed down this year by losing a couple of games at the very beginning of the season, but they are getting better it seems as the season continues. Oklahoma on the other hand is confusing me because the supposedly better defense, the supposedly fast scoring, prolific offense both seem to be taking a downward turn for the worse. And the scary thing is, the coaches on the sidelines look just as surprised, but don’t seem to know what to do about it?

I just don’t see us ready for SEC play next year.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Disappointed by Bedlam, but I wasn’t surprised by Bedlam. The Cowboys seemed down this year by losing a couple of games at the very beginning of the season, but they are getting better it seems as the season continues. Oklahoma on the other hand is confusing me because the supposedly better defense, the supposedly fast scoring, prolific offense both seem to be taking a downward turn for the worse. And the scary thing is, the coaches on the sidelines look just as surprised, but don’t seem to know what to do about it?

I just don’t see us ready for SEC play next year.
Yeah. OU and UT seem to have a lot in common this season. They both started well but have started showing some puzzling weaknesses. I understand it better for Texas since Sark is so offense focused. The SEC will be a whole new world. A frightening one.

Top Bottom