What's new

GIVEAWAY! Challenge PIF - Can You Fffeeeeelll The Difference?!?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Platinum blade (light blue box with white letters). The additional sharpness meant that with the Single Ring OLD Type, there was a lack of smoothness. But really nice shave. A couple of very small weepers on the lower neck region and under the chin. Nothing major. Gone before the cold water splash was towel dried off my face. But still, with a Wolf, CG, or Blackland, this blade is awesomesauce! For my face, the Single Ring needs a bit more mellow of a blade.

Merry Christmas!
2023-12-25 11.00.14.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9237.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeelllll the difference.​

Blade challenge can you fffeeelllll the difference fourth week and second time with the Super Max Blue Diamond blade. Today was the second shave this week with the Super Max Blue Diamond blade. Nothing to report today apart from a really good shave. I am quite liking this blade, I really am.

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: black dot BBWL Gillette Platinum #2 (1)
Soap: Frankensoap (1/3 each of Arko, VDH Luxury, and Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh)
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Old Spice followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Good first shave with the black dot Gillette Platinum. The first pass wasn't harsh, but it wasn't super smooth. However, after the first pass, it smoothed out and I had a very nice shave. Some people say that the idea of a blade smoothing out is a myth. My n=1 experience is that it is true. But YMMV. I look forward to more shaves with the black dot.

I owe you fine folks a couple of reviews! Only been able to shave once or twice a week the past month and a half.

Shaved twice with the White box blue lettering Gillette blade. I’ve had these blades for a long time and know them well. They always shave very well for me. Very sharp and very smooth. First shave was with the Karve CB SB-B plate. Second shave was with the SS Overlander. Blade felt almost non-existent and I ended with a great shave!

Shave one with the blue box white lettering:
IMG_7447.jpeg

Decent enough shave, more blade feel and not super smooth like I’m used to. Not sure if it was user error or not. Need to try another of the fresh black dot blades with the CB razor first next time. Shave was a CCS at best.

Second shave with the SS Overlander and Black dot blade:
IMG_7474.jpeg

Fantastic shave! Felt like the Gillette Platinum that I know and love! Super smooth, super close shave! Even pushed it at the end to chase a BBS!

Thank you @Grundi @Space_Cadet and @Tathlum for the chance to try these blades!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Happy new years to you all!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9251.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeeellll the difference.​

Third shave for this week and third shave for this week on the Super Max Blue Diamond blade. Paired with my beloved Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech I had another great shave this morning. Nothing to report just a really great shave.

Platinum Silver Dot, Blade #2, Side #1, Shave #1

A dandy shave: Smooth, comfortable, no nicks or irritation. DFS approaching BBS

Razor: Leaf Shaving Twig
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Yaqi Huskey
Lather: Stirling Agar
Aftershave: Bootleggers Vanilla Bay Rum
EdT: Avon Wild Country

IMG_3082.jpeg

2 shaves
Head:
I split the Bluebox GilletteI had used before (#4)
Razor Twig
TOBS rose cream
RR 400 brush
AS Proraso Red

2+ passes, close.....in one part of the back I "overshaved" limited burning.

Face:
New Gillette blue Box
Razor: Wunderbar

These two mixed are now my favorite to shave.....so smooth and efficient......can barely feel it mowing beard down.

Great STUFF....with no stuffing.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9267.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeeelllll the difference.​

Blade challenge can you fffeeeelllll the difference. Second time around with the Super Max Blue Diamond blade and fourth shave for the week. Another great start to the day, I had a really good shave this morning with this blade. I am really liking it.

Tradere OC, Gillette Platinum Light Blue (1), Wee Scot, Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica, Captain's Choice Bay Rum aftershave

Starting a no variables comparison, where I'll use everything the same for all the shaves, only changing out the blade. Three passes with my "Old Reliable" Tradere OC to get a near perfect shave. No hint of any wrongdoing on the part of the blade, smooth and efficient right the way through.

Silver Dot Gillette Platinum - Blade 2, Side 1, Shave 2

An excellent shave. Smooth and efficient DFS+

Razor: Twig
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Pre-shave: Stirling unscented soap - Proraso White cream
Lather: Stirling Varen
Aftershave: Stirling Varen

IMG_3090.jpeg

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: black dot BBWL Gillette Platinum #2 (2)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Excellent shave just now with the black dot GP. And as predicted in my last post, the second shave was smother than the first (not that the first was bad). Everything just really came together today. Very pleased with today's shave and couldn't have asked for anything better.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9287.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeeelllll the difference.​

Fifth shave for this week and fifth shave on the Super Max Blue Diamond. Another great shave this morning. Nothing to report but a great shave and a great start to my Friday morning. This blade is a keeper IMHO and I would definitely use it in a blade rotation.

Top Bottom