What's new

Captain’s Choice is looking for a few good men

No PM, as I've only purchased a sample (wearing it today, as a matter of fact).

I really like this bay rum, and a purchase of a full bottle will be made real soon now. Having a soap with the same fragrance would be awesome (to use an already overused word - but this time it fits).

This is exactly what I told Scott. CC is my favorite bay rum splash, hands down. A top quality soap with the same scent, to steal your word, would indeed be awesome!

I just got a bottle
Had a friend drive it up from California as I couldn't get it shipped!

Broke my Gentlemen of Summerly Restraint and went above and beyond
Totally excited to try this out, huge raving reviews about it. Def worth the extra mile to get some

I look forward to reading the reviews on this soap! Not sure if I am ConUS or not haha

I just got a bottle
Had a friend drive it up from California as I couldn't get it shipped!

Broke my Gentlemen of Summerly Restraint and went above and beyond
Totally excited to try this out, huge raving reviews about it. Def worth the extra mile to get some

I look forward to reading the reviews on this soap! Not sure if I am ConUS or not haha

Canada isn't part of the Continental US. :lol:

Well folks we have WAY more than the twenty. I’m not even sure I will have enough of the preliminary batch for everyone but will do my best. They will be packed up and sent out in order received as mentioned with 1-10 going out this week.

I would ask for candid feedback via PM once you have evaluated. My hope is each guy can have enough for four shaves. I was not clear in the original post - this is a soft soap, somewhat of a paste. Not a hard puck and not a shave cream either.

We have a ways to go once feedback is collected. We will incorporate the feedback into a (potentially) modified formula if the feedback seems consistent in an area. We need a container, label, etc and then will make the launch. I am toying with the idea of a free sample of the soap going to a customer who buys our Captain’s Choice during the month of August or something like that. We’ll see.

Thanks to all of you for all your kind words about Captain’s Choice and the enthusiasm with which you have expressed for our new product. Stay tuned!

Was able to stretch the sample batch into seventeen small samples which were sent out today first class. Unfortunately this left a number of you out, but such is life. Most of you will receive it by this weekend and instructions are included for feedback off forum so this forum is used in the manner it is intended.

Was able to stretch the sample batch into seventeen small samples which were sent out today first class. Unfortunately this left a number of you out, but such is life. Most of you will receive it by this weekend and instructions are included for feedback off forum so this forum is used in the manner it is intended.

:jump:

I've always been a big fan of the QCS "croaps". I love Captains Choice (finishing up a second sample and looking to buy soon). I would love a matching "croap"!

Your thumbs down reference was in my opinion, poor taste. Maybe that wasn't your intention, but it certainly comes across like that

I cringed when I saw the thumbs down as well.
A better choice might have been this::a36:

That would have had me laughing but hey, the written word is easy to take the wrong way - no offense.

I cringed when I saw the thumbs down as well.
A better choice might have been this::a36:

That would have had me laughing but hey, the written word is easy to take the wrong way - no offense.

Scott,

No offense was meant at all. I even answered your PM the other night after being informed of the short sample supply and told you I was looking forward to buying the finished product. I think this is a clear case of my intent through written text/emocons being taken out of its intended context. I will shut up now so as not to offend or be considered in poor taste.

As a casual observer, I applaude the gentlemanly handling and clarification of electronic miscommunication and perceptions. One often does not see such respect in other electronic communities. Bravo! :thumbup:

Received my sample today. I will get to try it out tomorrow. So far, I like the consistency, not a craop, soap, but a cream. Might do good in a tube?!?!?! Light scent from the sample, see what happens when I put the water to it tomorrow.

Let me start a new thread for this over in Shave Creams where feedback will not bump the vendors here - this is really the wrong forum for this. So who started this thread anyway - huh?

Top Bottom