What's new

Captain’s Choice is looking for a few good men

Well it is time to let the cat out of the bag here. We have hired a local soap artisan who has been working for the past several months on a Captain’s Choice scented shave soap. We have a preliminary product for evaluation and need some willing Guinea Pigs!

Some of you may recall this is how we developed our Captain’s Choice bay rum aftershave in the first place over a year ago. We did as best we could and then sent out samples to B&B members for feedback. Based on the feedback, we modified the formula and ended up with this:

proxy.php

There is one prerequisite to this free offering - you must already be a Captain’s Choice customer. This is necessary in order for you to accurately assess the scent of the soap. This will cost you nothing, I pay the shipping just like before and you get a small shave soap sample to evaluate. As before, I am not looking for accolades - I want the plain truth about how this works for you.

For now this is limited to the first ten who respond and for the sake of postage limited to the CONUS. If more is available after the first ten then I will ship to the next ten. Twenty is tops for the sampling however.

Here is how it will work: PM me your address if interested. Just as importantly PM me your impression of the soap afterwards. I will include a brief list of characteristics for you to consider as you evaluate. I would ask that upon receipt of the free sample that you be willing to let me know after seven days or so what you think.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Being that I can't get your juice mailed to me out on this Rock, I look forward to buying a puck when you finally go to market :smile:.

D

Deleted member 48987

I'd love to try this and report back. PM sent my friend.

I was just thinking today that when the 2012 Sabbatical is over, I wanted to get a Bay Rum soap.
You know what's funny, Bob? I was thinking the exact same thing. Being as big a Captain's Choice fan as I am, and with the number of well-received artisan soapmakers introducing bay rums lately, I'm thinking of doing a bay-rum-a-palooza comparo come January.

You know what's funny, Bob? I was thinking the exact same thing. Being as big a Captain's Choice fan as I am, and with the number of well-received artisan soapmakers introducing bay rums lately, I'm thinking of doing a bay-rum-a-palooza comparo come January.

That thread could be epic.

No PM, as I've only purchased a sample (wearing it today, as a matter of fact).

I really like this bay rum, and a purchase of a full bottle will be made real soon now. Having a soap with the same fragrance would be awesome (to use an already overused word - but this time it fits).

Top Bottom