What's new

Brush ID Help

So i won a brush of the bay not long ago and i know its not looking it's best well not yet but i wanted to ask the more experienced brush owners is this brush what i think it is my guess is a plisson a beat up one at that the seller says it has a few chips in it but overall from the pic it doesn't look too bad....

Am i right in it being a plisson handle???
only pic i have untill it's delivered to me...
proxy.php

So i got this brush the monday and only got around to taking a good look at it last night but on the off chance i sent a message to plisson last week asking them if the had any info and so far nothing from them which is a shame as i thought they might be able to give me some info on one of their brushes im more intriqued by the label being green so would have been nice to hear something...
proxy.php

It wasn't in the best of shape it had two great big chips on the base you can see one in the pic above and lots of smaller chips around the edge of the base also the knot was pretty shot i tried to lather some joris with it and it failed then some cream but it was pointless so i did a little work on it after i was done de-knotting the culmak...

I ended up doing more than anticipated as i have a 20mm silvertip that i have had for a while now so thought i can at least get this one done soon'ish so far it's drilled and ready to take the knot just need to work out how much weight i'll add. the 2 big chips have been filled as the area around them looked brittle and rather than them get worse the only option was to fill them haven't decided if i will fill all the little ones around the base or sand the edge down so far im pleased with how quickly its progressed and i just love the pattern....
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

BTW reminds me a bit of super mario bros mushrooms

mine also says something like "Made in France" molded , but then in white it has " monture en nylon - incassable"

Last edited:
hig789It looks like a plisson label to me. But I'm no expert.
Yeah i could make out a few of the letters when i 1st looked at it but the last few times of handling the brush bit's of the lettering has come off ideally i'd like a replacement label for it ...

nice.. here is a restore in my collection

proxy.php
Very nice its the same shape as mine so would that make mine the same as your's???
BTW reminds me a bit of super mario bros mushrooms

mine also says something like "Made in France" molded , but then in white it has " monture en nylon - incassable"
Mine also has the made in france on the bottom but thats it nothing else...
yours also has way more marbling swirls going on than mine
yeah at first i actually thought that it might have been some sort of stone that it was made out of when i spotted but thought if it was stone the postage would have been a lot more than it was...

I would say thats the same handle. Nice score. I wonder if they would send you a new sticker?

It does look the same shape i have sent them another email asking for any info and about another sticker for the brush but from what i have read online they rarely respond to people's email...

Well i have just got an email back from plisson no info on the brush they just said they would send me labels not sure if they meant that in the sense of a few or just one but either way thats very good of them...

Last edited:
Top Bottom