What's new

Brotherhood of Razorock Gamechanger (BORG)

Date12.03.2024
366 daily shaves
072/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84OCRacer (2)Omega 10108 Red
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (53)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS++)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. Liking the combination between this great razor and blade. Very favourable results.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Splendid shave again today with the GC

Razorock - Game Changer 0.84P
Gillette - 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Simpson - Trafalgar T3
HC&C - Mjölnir (sample)
Williams - Aqua Velva AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

full

Date14.03.2024
366 daily shaves
074/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84OCRacer (4)Razorock 400
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (55)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5.5/10 (Sharp)
8.50/10
(DFS+++)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. A Razorock type of shave with magnificent gear. Great shave!

Enjoy your shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, March 16th 2024

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84 with a RR Radio knob handle. Mfg 2018>, tame mid to mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC + unique head design for holding the blade. I like to use a Kai SS blade because of the extra width for more blade feel and it works well in this razor. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS (1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : TOBS Herbal Sandalwood cream, nice rich herbal scented sandalwood 7/10 strength with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "coat tails" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips. nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Closest synthetic knot to a 2band badger for feel and performance.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Razorock GC.84 with a fresh Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD March 16 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Growth: 5 days
Prep:
Hot shower
Razor:
RR GC .68P
Blade:
Derby Premium (2x)
Brush:
Zenith 502B XSE
Soap:
Proraso Blue
Cold water splash, alum, Royall Bay Rhum '57 splash

I was really surprised by how well the Derby Premium worked in the mild 68P. I tend to like a sharper blade in it like a Bic Chrome, or a Feather, or a GSB. That said, I tried a Derby Premium for my previous shave in the 68OC, but quickly switched the OC for the P after the first pass. Turns out OC razors still aren't for me. The plate is now up on a PIF.

Usually the mild razors leave a fair amount of stubble after the first pass, but the Derby Premium seemed to push on through with no tugging or pulling to speak of. There was a lot of audible feedback on the XTG pass. I finished up the ATG pass and only needed two small clean-up spots.

This was the second time I've used Proraso and was equally surprised by it. It provided a very comfortable shave and the combination of it paired with a mild 68P left me with very little feedback from the alum bar.

My Zenith brush is really coming along too. Excellent backbone, mild scritch, and gives up the lather quite easily. I really enjoy this one when I have an extra day or two worth of growth.

20240318_122306.jpg

sotd 20-3

Started with the Rocca, but switched to the GC. More comfortable with the same result (in my case). Love both my GC's!

Razorock - Game Changer 0.84-P
Wilkinson Sword - New Chromium Edge (vintage UK)
Omega - 10019 boar
Stirling - Sheep
Speick - Men AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

full

Date29.03.2024
366 daily shaves
089/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84P SBShark Chrome (5)Zenith 502B XSE
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (70)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
9.5/10 (Tiny weeper)5/10 (Razor Sharp)
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. Blissful shave with the Game Changer today and feeling like a million!

Enjoy your shave!

The mild .68P has really grown on me. Pairing it with a GSB provides such a comfortable shave. Heck, I'm even able to do a clean up pass on the spot under my left jawline that I ALWAYS MISS without irritation or sting from the alum block.

One day, I will be able to get that bloody spot under my jawline without having to do any cleanup! One day!

I'll also add that this Zenith brush has become my go to for shaving. It truly is a pleasure to use. So much so that I put my G5C away.

20240330_162745.jpg

The mild .68P has really grown on me. Pairing it with a GSB provides such a comfortable shave. Heck, I'm even able to do a clean up pass on the spot under my left jawline that I ALWAYS MISS without irritation or sting from the alum block.

One day, I will be able to get that bloody spot under my jawline without having to do any cleanup! One day!

I'll also add that this Zenith brush has become my go to for shaving. It truly is a pleasure to use. So much so that I put my G5C away.

View attachment 1820931
I just ordered the 0.68P plate to go with my 0.76P and 0.84P.

One shave down with the .76P loaded with a Astra - smooth action, really liked it. Attached the RR vintage thin handle instead of the supplied titanium halo, which I find too long and too thick.

Yaqi makes a SS handle about 88mm long, 56g, looks more suitable for the big GC head, or what, I'm open for suggestions:
YAQI-88mm-Solid-Stainless-Steel-Material-Safety-Razor-Handle.jpg

One shave down with the .76P loaded with a Astra - smooth action, really liked it. Attached the RR vintage thin handle instead of the supplied titanium halo, which I find too long and too thick.

Yaqi makes a SS handle about 88mm long, 56g, looks more suitable for the big GC head, or what, I'm open for suggestions:
View attachment 1825450
I have used my GC with the Razorock Bulldog and Barberpole handles. I like the Bulldog best, but I will say that the Barberpole is a great handle too. The Bulldog is some 90mm and Barberpole 85mm.

Cheers,

Guido

I have been using my .76-p with a DSCosmetic Titanium Destroyer handle (first pic). I really like the combination. I find that the RR Titanium Halo works better with a titanium head, like the DSCosmetic S-9, a GC .84-p clone (second pic).

GC 76 DST.jpg

DSC S9 Halo.jpg

I used my .68P bottom plate for the first time today. It was very comfortable and smooth but the shave wasn’t close enough for me. I think for me the .76P plate is my choice.

I also used the RR Vintage Thin handle for the first time and I really like it. It seems to be my preference for handles.

Razor: RR GC-68P - 1st use
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: EJ Silvertip
AS: RR Don Marco Splash

Have a blessed day.
IMG_3820.jpeg

April 9, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Stainless (5)
Soap: Murphy and McNeil The Abbey
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia, Tuxedo knot
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

48 hours of growth was eliminated in a three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
All the elements of the shave performed perfectly, EXCEPT for the soap.

Warning: Rant
I used a sample of Murphy and McNeil The Abbey soap. It seemed a bit grainy in appearance in its little plastic envelope. This was a replacement sample for the Great Bear sample I received that wouldn't make lather and burned my face. (To their credit they admitted that they has some bad Great Bear soap that shipped out, my sample included.) I used a normal amount of The Abbey soap in the Captain's Choice bowl, but the soap refused to make good lather. It made a thin, not slick lather, barely enough for two passes. The "lather" was a very thin film that disappeared immediately upon application. The lather had a bit of cushion, but NO slickness or glide was present. This rates as the worst soap I've tried, with the exception of the other Murphy and McNeil sample I used previously. Needless to say, I'm DONE with Murphy and McNeil soaps! TL/DR the soap was a miserable failure.

SODT 04_09_24.jpg

Top Bottom