What's new

Brotherhood of Razorock Gamechanger (BORG)

Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

As i could not find anothet thread I dedicate this to all of you Gamechanger users worldwide.

I recently got assimilated... And I like it. Who else?
proxy.php

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

After buying and selling more than a dozen*DE razors ,I ended up with a “toolbox” of six ..
Four of which are Game Changers !
And they will stay with me ,
till death set us apart ...

1 ) Muhle R41
2 ) Wilkinson Sword Classic
3 ) Muhle R89
4 ) Muhle R96 ROCCA
5 ) Tatara Masamune Open Comb
6 ) Karve Solid Bar D plate
7 ) Fatip Retro ( OC )
8 ) Timeless Scalloped / SS 0.95
9 ) Karve Open Comb E plate
10 ) Gillette Fat Handle Tech ( England )
11 )Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P (x3!)
12 ) Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P JAWS
13 ) Karve Solid Bar G plate
14 ) Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P OC
15 ) Razorock Baby Butt Smooth 316L

Last edited:
Has anyone all different baseplates and woukd be so kind to compare them for us?

Come in, feel welcome.
Resistance is futile.

First shave done with the GC68P, fresh Derby Premium blade & Proraso Red. I'm a fan, nice smooth shave, no face prep. The super knurl handle (I know, not unique to the GC) is wonderful. If no face prep went this well, shaving after a hot shower will be a cinch.

A friend gave me a .84 open comb baseplate just to try.
So far i wasnt sure if there ist anything better than the .84p , but after trying the open comb plate i am really impressed. Its still basically the same razor, but a little bit less smooth i must admit but with a significantly better efficiency.

Spicy Sunday for the WIN! The GameChanger .68 plate series for the tool of choice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: RazoRock GC .68 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Old Spic Classic (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice ASB
EdC: Old Spice Classic (US)

I scraped some of the Stirling Spice into the bottom of my Captains Choice Heavy Copper, poured some hot water over it while I showered. I poured the bloom water into the VdH bowl with fresh hot water to build the lather from. That lather got slick, thick, and creamy.

This is one of my favorite shaves of the week. I can't get enough of it. Between Sundays and Wednesdays I do not know which is my favorite shave of the week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So folks,
the .84 JAWS joined the collective last week. So I have tried now all three .84 baseplates.
The beginning with the Jaws was quite a challenge, but now I got it.
The first days switching directly from the borrowed OC to the JAWS didnt make me cheer, as the difference between OC and Jaws is bigger than between SB and OC. I had to become familiar with the JAWS first.

So in my experience the sb and the oc are quite close to each other. The OC offers more efficiency so a BBS result ist a little bit easier to get. Its not aggressive if you are used to the basic handling of one of the gamechangers.

The JAWS is a big step up in all terms:

Blade feel - oh yes baby. :) But not so crazy. Still within acceptable parameters and still smooth with proper technique.

Aggressiveness - yes, but not very much, if you know one gamechanger already, you can handle all baseplates

Efficiency - What the hell. YES You hardly have to cleanup after 3 passes. If you use the Jaws daily maybe 2 passes are enough (wtg/atg). Thr range of blade angles is bigger than with the SB version. BBS is much easier to get for me.

Skin irritation - as I need less cleanups and blade buffing etc (thanks to the great efficiency) at least my skin is not more irritated than after using the safety bar baseplate, and in consequence the JAWS is more skin friendly though more aggressive.

Attention required - more then while using the SB or OC.

So my conclusion:

I appreciate the Jaws very much. But I would it recomment to experienced shavers as it requires a calm hand and a good technique. Its not an everyday razor for every one (cant yet say if it fits for my skin for everyday use). If your skin is more sensitive than mine, the jaws might be too much.
Additionally I would say that the JAWS is not the best razor for a daily rotation, to get the best shaves you have to use it a few days in a row.
For me the JAWS is a clear keeper as my OC plate is only borrowed

A recommendation...?

Well, its difficult.
All three are very fine razors, with none of them you can go wrong.
As they all share the same geometry and top cap they feel similar, like relatives.
Between SB and OC i would recommend the OC version, because its very similar to the SB version with slightliy more aggressiveness but a increase in efficiency. But if you already have the SB version the OC might be redundant.

The JAWS is a little bit away from these two, I would recommend it to experienced wet shavers with a liking for a little bit more aggressive razors. If you already have a OC plate, well i cannot say if the JAWS is redundant then. But as I wrote above, the difference between OC and Jaws is bigger than between SB and OC.

I hope you enjoed my little review.

Wow! Exactly 2 years have passed since someone last posted here --- how many of you are still assimilated?

GC .68OC & GC .84P for me...

Use .84 GC open comb almost daily in conjunction with my Lupo. 72. Use the Lupo to shave goatie area and GC everywhere else. Pair it with medium blade like Rapira SS. Always a great shave.
Started with GC .68 as a new shaver and graduated to the Lupo.72. GC was getting neglected until I ordered the open comb. Now it is back in buisness. Polished head with Cape cod fine jewelry polishing cloth. Both GC and Lupo shown.

Attachments

• 20221113_210756.jpg
    20221113_210756.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221113_214311.jpg
    20221113_214311.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 23
Wow! Exactly 2 years have passed since someone last posted here --- how many of you are still assimilated?

GC .68OC & GC .84P for me...
I'm trying to lighten the load in the den and started with the RR's, but I'm an idiot and have been browsing the GC specifically on the GC website... :out: So it's gone but I've been pondering reacquiring one.

I am a new wet shaver and was lucky enough to be loaned a GC .68-p right off the bat. It was a huge step up from the junky CVS razor I was using for almost six months previously.

I loved the .68-P - till I got a Slim and found setting 5 which was a lot more efficient and almost (not quite) as smooth. Not long ago I purchased an 84OC from the BST and WOW! Smoother and more efficient than the Slim on 5. A lot smoother, really. I only have two shaves with it so far and only with PIF theme blades which aren't my favorites.

I found reading @Rosseforp's post revisiting of his GameChanger and Lupo and @never-stop-learning's GC comparisons and the resulting posts very, very interesting. It's got me really wanting to get a 84-P plate to try. However, I'm thinking about doing a Shave of the Week or even a Fixed Four with the 84OC, just to get to know it first, before knee-jerk buying an 84-P.

What blade would you GameGhanger masters recommend for an extended test like those? I have Gillette Platinum's, 7 O'clock Blacks, Bic Platinum's, Astra SPs and 50 Feathers I haven't had the guts to try yet. I'm leaning towards the GP's.

I've been 90% vintage Gillette for the last two months and would like to run the GC through it's paces!

I chose the Gamechanger to be my first "premium" ie cnc milled razor. Went with the .68p and use it 90% of the time.
Picked up a .84p with .68jaws plate in the Saint Sue auction this year. I find the .84 to be just a touch too much for my skin. I find for myself that the .84 isnt enough improvement over the .68p to keep using it. Now have a .68oc plate. Hopefully it's that sweet spot between .68p and .84p.

Love my Gamechanger!

Be well
Jay

Edit to add: I lied above. Henson AL13+ was my first cnc razor. It is my cleanup blade, mild enough for me to ATG with little to no irritation.

I am a new wet shaver and was lucky enough to be loaned a GC .68-p right off the bat. It was a huge step up from the junky CVS razor I was using for almost six months previously.

I loved the .68-P - till I got a Slim and found setting 5 which was a lot more efficient and almost (not quite) as smooth. Not long ago I purchased an 84OC from the BST and WOW! Smoother and more efficient than the Slim on 5. A lot smoother, really. I only have two shaves with it so far and only with PIF theme blades which aren't my favorites.

I found reading @Rosseforp's post revisiting of his GameChanger and Lupo and @never-stop-learning's GC comparisons and the resulting posts very, very interesting. It's got me really wanting to get a 84-P plate to try. However, I'm thinking about doing a Shave of the Week or even a Fixed Four with the 84OC, just to get to know it first, before knee-jerk buying an 84-P.

What blade would you GameGhanger masters recommend for an extended test like those? I have Gillette Platinum's, 7 O'clock Blacks, Bic Platinum's, Astra SPs and 50 Feathers I haven't had the guts to try yet. I'm leaning towards the GP's.

I've been 90% vintage Gillette for the last two months and would like to run the GC through it's paces!

I forgot, I have Gillette Nacets as well.

Top Bottom