What's new

Bootleggers 7 Parts Series

It is the modern English Leather aftershave. Vintage English Leather is one of the late, great, classic aftershaves and should not be mixed. Modern EL's formula, is not the same as The vintage version by the MEM company. Bootlegger's is meant to make good, cheap aftershaves great, by mixing with other good, cheap aftershaves.

Vintage MEM English Leather is already great. Mixing it would be aftershave sacrilege. ;)

Thanks Rob!
I went ahead and added after shave to the recipe on the Wiki page.

Rob,

I currently own neither vintage or modern versions of English leather but now am intrigued to see what the vintage smells like.

Rob,

I currently own neither vintage or modern versions of English leather but now am intrigued to see what the vintage smells like.
for me it's a nostalgia thing, I love getting hold of a scent that is exactly how I remembered it years ago (in this case, the 1980's). I haven't done a comparison to modern version yet as I've only briefly sampled it at Sears or something, but all I can say is it did not immediately "take me back" the way the old stuff does.

I have gotten all the ingredients and I'm ready to make some Perfecto Virginia, Prefecto Maduro, El Dorado, and Lime Bay Rum. But since the Wiki is down, I'm unable to get to the Bootlegger page to download the labels.
Does anyone have the .png files that they can send me?

I have made up the Perfecto Virginia, Prefecto Maduro, El Dorado, and Lime Bay Rum.
I used the El Dorado today for the 1st time. Very nice woody leathery scent, and I do get a little powder scent from the Clubman Vanilla. I like it! The face feel was excellent after this mornings shave. I could still detect the scent just ever so slightly 4 hours later. Nice longevity for an AS.
20170219_170554.jpg

My impression of the Bootlegger's Virginia Perfecto. This is a very light scent, the spice and cloves of the Bay Rums are very subdued. I get a slight powdery citrus at first, which give way to a nice light straight tobacco scent. All backed up by the Bay Rum. I like the scent. The face felt very smooth afterwards. Scent was completely gone in less than 2 hours. So so far out of 3 Bootlegger's scents I've liked all of them. And all 3 have have performed well so far as leaving the face feeling good.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My impression of the Bootlegger's Virginia Perfecto. This is a very light scent, the spice and cloves of the Bay Rums are very subdued. I get a slight powdery citrus at first, which give way to a nice light straight tobacco scent. All backed up by the Bay Rum. I like the scent. The face felt very smooth afterwards. Scent was completely gone in less than 2 hours. So so far out of 3 Bootlegger's scents I've liked all of them. And all 3 have have performed well so far as leaving the face feeling good.

Nice review Clyde, I'm glad you are liking the Bootlegger's Series of aftershaves. What do you think of the Maduro?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
What is the scent logevity and strength on the bootlegger's blends?

While aftershaves are not designed or meant to have the longevity or staying power of colognes and EdT's, I would put my money on Bootlegger's aftershaves against most any others in the longevity department. :)

The Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum is very interesting. Nice Bay Rum scent to start with that mellows out into a really soda like lime scent. I do detect just a hint of musk in the background. Pretty good staying power. I could still smell it 3 hours later. I really put a good splash on too. As with all the Bootlegger's so far my face feels great. Another winner Rob!

Top Bottom