What's new

Black and White

Another member recently posted some terriffic black and white photos. How about a thread for B+W? I'll kick it off with this one.

Ilford Delta 3200 processed with Kodak D-76 and printed on Ilford RC paper.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my favorite "shave" B&W

full

And one I shot a few weeks ago for a wedding-

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would give this (older) thread a bump given some of the photos that Stu has been posting.

Any monochromes you guys want to post are welcome!

Here are a few of mine.

Konzentrasionslager Auschwitz-II Birkenau; Oswiecim, Poland, February 2007
proxy.php

Museum of Modern Art; Glasgow, Scotland, October 2006
proxy.php

Cathcart Cemetery; Glasgow, Scotland, October 2006
proxy.php

Cafe Loos; Rotterdam, Netherlands, May 2008
proxy.php

Here are a few of mine.

Konzentrasionslager Auschwitz-II Birkenau; Oswiecim, Poland, February 2007
proxy.php

That is a fantastic shot... it brings be back to the time I visited Dachau about 7 years ago. Without a doubt the most depressing thing that I have ever seen. After seeing your picture, it reminds me of how I felt at Dachau, and just even thinking of what my grandfather saw when he liberated a few of those camps. Even 64+ years later, and all that we know, it is still hard to believe what happened there.

Again, fantastic photo.

Homebrewer, I had always wanted to visit Auschwitz and finally last year during a tour of Poland with my then-girlfriend I had the chance. So I took along my camera etc with the intention of really making a big effort to take great photos, and it was so overwhelming that I mostly just walked around with my camera in my hand down at my side.

That photo, though badly framed and with distracting things in the foreground, is about the best of my efforts of that day, thank you for the compliment.

Here's another shot from the same trip as my last post in this thread. It's one of my favorite photos. The character on this old woman's face reads like a novel.
Thanks for reviving the thread. The photos on here are really excellent.

Another one from Konzentrasionslager Auschwitz-II Birkenau; Oswiecim, Poland, February 2007
proxy.php

The Kelvingrove Gallery; Glasgow, Scotland, November 2006
proxy.php

Two guys standing outside Baird's Bar; Glasgow, Scotland, January 2007
proxy.php

The one on the right only let me take his photo on condition that I promised not to have a wank over it later.

Here are a few my favorite black and white photo's I've taken, so far:

A framed version of that hangs over our breakfast bar. It was taken after desert (a great tiramisu made there in the restaurant) at what was my girlfriend's and my favorite little restaurant, not long after we started dating. This was one of those places where you would go in, the owner (who was also the chef) would know who you are and would offer up something not listed on the menu or specials, but to your tastes. The restaurant has since been sold and we've found a new favorite eatery.

This was taken in Positano. I used a Nikon D70 and converted it to B&W in Photoshop. I used a wide angle zoom lens. I needed to do some work on the sky to tone down the light and bring out the clouds. Then I added a little platinum effect.

These are some really great photos, folks! Its nice to see the old-school photography is still alive and well. I should've figured it goes hand in hand with vintage shaving style and equipment.

Top Bottom