What's new

Bevel Angles: How much is too much? [Or, is it all Chicken?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I do the same thing testing edges. It's a good way to eliminate variables of beard growth, soap, brush, etc.

But I have not been so A/B (yet) that I've shaved with two soaps at once and the same razor!

Cheers, Steve

Childs play! Lol. I used to shave 3 times a day shaving a different edge. One pass only per. I have learned that i like what i like what i like. Lol. So i dont play as much as i used to. I find that much if not most of it is redundant. So much so that most of my stones are tucked away.

Sure it's a great way to test. How else can you? Wait days?
What kind of comparisons do that?
It's not like it's a dangerous process just because they're straight razors .
And how many out there can tell with just a couple strokes if a razor is right ? And if it's not have you ever switched blades or paused to hit the strop a bit more?
Did you risk life and limb pausing your routine to do that?
Didn't think so.

On the general page there is a Newbie on his second shave alternating between a Kami and a western straight and gives a solid report on the feedback he gets from them. Very nicely done for a second shave and provide insight seasoned shavers miss.

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I've done it both ways. Since the OP is taking the time to do this test it only makes sense to do so in a way that he is comfortable with.

Larry is this a blind test? That's how I read your OP but wanted to be sure.

I understand. And not wanting to handle razors . Not really.
That's like a tester at Road and Track not being comfortable driving more than one car.
Or guns and ammo only shooting one gun a day.
And reporting a day or two later as its more comfortable .

Truly I'm not questioning his.comfort fort level or want him to risk hurting himself but as many of us here have done is to test many razors at a time and the feedback is instant. That means something .

And I don't think it's much different than setting down a razor to add water to lather,, or whip it up thicker or a few passes on a strop ( I can't be the only one) and resuming a shave just grabbing a second razor instead. many have taken the time as we've read.
But it is his test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom