• 50s

• 40s

• 30s

• 20s

• Teens

Results are only viewable after voting.
How old am I?

$Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 4.07.17 PM.jpg

Forty nine. I don't know how many that is in shaving years, but I have been using a shaving brush since before I had peach fuzz. Full story here.

Voted before reading first post. I've only got a year left till 30, but in TRADITIONAL wet-shaving, I'm still a baby, I guess. I've had an on again, off again relationship with Cart-Shaving since I was 15. So I guess I'd be a teenager in that regard.

Only 17 here, with only a month or two wet shaving. My baby face has thanked me though. Much better than with my electric shaver I was using before.

:sad:I had to answer "50s" but in just six months I'd have to say "60s".

Wet shaver for the last 1.5 years, wet shaver in my early years (like 45 years ago!) :ohmy:

31 here. Just started DE shaving after my electrical shaver needed a head replacement. Always liked more traditional shaving styles and have been meaning to try it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Part of the issue with a poll like this is that it's affected by the overall demographics of online forums, which weigh somewhat toward younger folks. I'm in my 40's and participate in quite a few forums, but I also work in a field where I've been Internet savvy and connected since the early 80's. Outside of my geek friends of my age, I find the participation in forums to be pretty low. They all use the Internet, but active participation seems lower, the older they are.

Something to consider as well;
Is one demographic more likely to answer a poll about their age than another?
I know that it has been my experience that most of the age requesting polls have been started by a younger demographic as opposed to older folks.

Last edited:
just turned 34 years old and have been wet shaving for a little over a month now after getting tired of cartridges price/performance.

I'm 49 and have been DE shaving for about 2 years now. Before that I was using Atra & Mach 3 cartridges or cheap disposables with canned goo. I just wasn't getting close, comfortable shaves with the modern shaving gear, but my technique was garbage until I started DE shaving.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow! I think this is odd! Very odd!

I'm 56, but remember starting with a Schick injector and remember my grandad using a Gillette Fatboy (My dad was an electric guy all his life). Only those of us in the 50's, 60', and 70's could remember starting before the Trac II, but only 25% of us are in those age groups. 75% are aged below 50. How the heck do you account for that? Is anyone else surprised by this result?

I used that Schick injector until I got out of college, then started down the multi-blade lane until two years ago when I found this place. However, I was using a brush and mug for about 12 years. I also used nothing but Pinaud Clubman, every day, for over 30 years until I got here. Now I rotate between about 6-7 after shaves, but all old scents.

Last edited:
Wow! I think this is odd! Very odd!

I'm 56, but remember starting with a Schick injector and remember my grandad using a Gillette Fatboy (My dad was an electric guy all his life). Only those of us in the 50's, 60', and 70's could remember starting before the Trac II, but only 25% of us are in those age groups. 75% are aged below 50. How the heck do you account for that? Is anyone else surprised by this result?

I used that Schick injector until I got out of college, then started down the multi-blade lane until two years ago when I found this place. However, I was using a brush and mug for about 12 years. I also used nothing but Pinaud Clubman, every day, for over 30 years until I got here. Now I rotate between about 6-7 after shaves, but all old scents.
Don't forget that there are 34,886 B&B members. This poll has only 653 voters, so we still need another 34230 more B&B members to vote so we can get a real or at least a closer age estimate.:wink2:

Last edited:
Don't forget that there are 34,886 B&B members. This poll has only 653 voters, so we still need another 34230 more B&B members to vote so we can get a real or at least a closer age estimate.:wink2:

That is what I would like. Can't force everyone to vote though.

Top Bottom