What's new

August Photo Challenge - Concrete

Are we limiting it somewhere, or just 'multiple'?

Good question. I was going to quit with the three I posted just so I didn't bloat the thread too much. I like seeing everyone's photos, but I can see where it could almost get to be too much for picking one.

well, tradition has been one photo per entrant bust since that has been lifted, I have $parthenon (1 of 1).jpg$DSC_5641.jpg two...

Nice Cash, and everyone before that. I'm really impressed with this month's entries. We've run the gamut from concrete walls to statues, lots of concrete to a little concrete. Just as Shaveitoff and I hoped! Clever and creative entries. God knows how I will cast my vote. Too many strong photos. As a partial aside, it's great for me, and amateur, to see how striking some of these images are. Makes me want to go dig out my camera manual and refresh my brain on really using my camera. Cheers.

I was all ready to jump in with a b/w shot but that just screams to be done with concrete. That's why I went with the Nashville shots in color

Nice ones from Cash_Stromoner (especially the building with the turrets) and Kevin_K. I've become fixated on concrete. When I go out for a walk, I can't stop looking at the stuff and thinking about how much we use it and still largely ignore it. Many great shots of it are rolling in!

The good thing about these challenges, is that it gets more ideas into my head when I'm just out for a stroll carrying the camera. I spend the majority of my time in nature and go into the city's quite seldom, but now with all these things in my head I'm finding pictures everywhere.

ok how about this? soil cementing a section of IH 49 in north Lousiana

Attachments

• $DSCN0690.jpg
    $DSCN0690.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 53
  • $DSCN0689.jpg
    $DSCN0689.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 53
  • $DSCN0692.jpg
    $DSCN0692.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 52
  • $DSCN0691.jpg
    $DSCN0691.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
As a cement guy. I love to see soil cement utilized. Hoping to get some decent Picts in the morning. Customer asked for some help on a concrete pour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom