What's new

August Photo Challenge - Concrete

I vote for Shaveitoff's people in front of building. I like the clinical lines of the concrete structures juxtaposed with sinuous human forms that are far from straight.

attachment.php

There were so many great photos entered for this challenge that it was very difficult to pick one. I noticed a lot of strong simple compositions, which was a good way to approach the theme. When I look them over, Brewster's photo really pops for me, so it gets my vote.

proxy.php

I guess I'm too late for an entry that was taken last year, but the theme seemed to require that I post this "face" anyway:

$100_4626.jpg

We've got a horse in the lead, folks! (not saying who, because that could influence future voting). But, get yer votes in!! Voting closes on the 26th, and in this case, North America timezone. Let your voice be heard. The future of humankind depends on it. No pressure or anything.

Voting ends today (speaking North American here). Get your votes in! Results will be posted tomorrow USA time (12+ hours from now). Thanks to all entrants and voters!

Voting ends today (speaking North American here). Get your votes in! Results will be posted tomorrow USA time (12+ hours from now). Thanks to all entrants and voters!

+1 on that. TrimBeard will tally up the votes and inform the winner. I will be away from any computer all weekend, so I will see the result some time late Sunday. Thanks for all the great submissions!

This leaf is laying on a concrete sidewalk. The light colored halo around the leaf is salt residue, from rock salt dumped on the sidewalk to melt ice. (iPhone 4S photo)

View attachment 679639

My vote is parked here. How many of us would walk past and even notice this? Great observation and image, love the muted monochromatic colour and composition.

dave

CASH! Congrats, with three winning votes for his Stone Building shot! Congrats, and thanks everyone for your entries. SHM got a couple votes for the new bridge/old pier, so also a well-liked photo. Again, congrats Cash. Enjoy picking next month's challenge.

Well, extremely unexpected, but thank you all kindly! :thumbup:
I don't know how that happened with all those entries!?
I shall have a think over night, and come up with something challenging!

Top Bottom