What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

Ahhh, don't worry what others think. We all have "Unique" handwriting, and truth be told, if we take our time, most of our handwriting would be legible, which is all we need to be.
I think staying between the lines or dots or whatever is my biggest hurdle. I also can't decide if I want to write in cursive or script as I tend to mix the two. Maybe if I could find a free space in my apartment. When I left Germany after separating from my ex wife in 2012 I left most of my furniture there. I have a nice walnut reclaimed wood desk, but, most of the real estate is taken up by my 34" curved monitor and next to it my scanner/printer combo. I have a folding rectangular card table. Looks more like the wall paper table I used as a teenager. Thing is my Dining room is full of boxes of all manner of things to include the eight to ten shaving hoard boxes so there is no space for it either. Bachelor Life. :punk:

Bachelor Life
Has its advantages and disadvantages, I hear you brother, I was in your shoes a few years ago, then I met my current wife and she organized all the boxes. But sometimes, living small has its advantages also, do away with the clutter and keep what is only necessary.

I think staying between the lines or dots or whatever is my biggest hurdle.
Mine too, then I have to slow down and realize it's not a race. Years of taking scripts from doctors and nurses who tend to rattle it off with the speed of an auctioneer, has ingrained into me to write fast, even when I don't need it.

slow down and realize it's not a race. Years of taking scripts from doctors and nurses who tend to rattle it off with the speed of an auctioneer, has ingrained into me to write fast
I have never been able to take notes efficiently. It always seems I am halfway through writing a sentence or list and already everyone else has moved on. So I can understand you even if not the same thing. At any rate I have some nice pens and they get used maybe for an hour and a half every Monday, and, not much else. I seem to be getting more active this week so maybe that positive change will spread from more shaves to other areas of my life.

But sometimes, living small has its advantages also, do away with the clutter and keep what is only necessary.
For my first year and a half out of the army I was a government contract Mechanic at Camp Darby in Livorno, Italy working on army vehicles. I left four or five boxes in a friends closet in Germany, and, lived out of two army duffel bags and a roll away tool box and full size topper of tools. Even when I came back to the states after fifteen years overseas, all I had to show for it was two boxes a suitcase and my computer which I sent through the mail. I lived that way for again two years until I finally settled into having stuff again. I can do minimalism, but, I would rather have storage space at home for what I have. I need to sell some shaving gear, PIF some, and, throw some away that aren't worth giving away. I'll get to it eventually.

Top Bottom