What's new

Are the Lord blades really all the same?

Tried a Lord Platinum Class blade last night in the Ikon Tech and I was surprised at how much I liked this blade!
Sharper than the Racer (which was on the duller side but gave great results) for sure!

Lord Platinum Class - Sharp and smooth - great shave!
Racer Super Stainless - Not very sharp but very nice results
Shark Super Chrome - Decent
Shark Super Stainless - Not good - harsh/rough feeling
ASCO - Not good - harsh/rough feeling

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Tried a Lord Platinum Class blade last night in the Ikon Tech and I was surprised at how much I liked this blade!

Thats also my favorite of the bunch, but I havent used one for months. Maybe I need to try it in my Fatip.

Scrolled through this quickly, and haven't seen it mentioned. Has anyone tried the Lord Cool? Saw it on RBC, and only interested because Lord's products are hit & miss here so would like to hear about it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Scrolled through this quickly, and haven't seen it mentioned. Has anyone tried the Lord Cool? Saw it on RBC, and only interested because Lord's products are hit & miss here so would like to hear about it.

Thats one I hadnt heard of.

Thats one I hadnt heard of.
Here's the wrapper
proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'd try any blade once, and have regretted that action more than once lol. I'd never heard of nor seen these blades before, but if I had one, I'd try it!

Maybe, they're a hidden gem and no one is willing to let the secret out lol.

I just got some Lord Captain Carbon Steel blades in the post today. I haven't given 'em a spin yet. I read good things about 'em on the B&B forums and pulled the trigger on buying some last month.

Attachments

• www1beauty.uscaptain-blades-200ct.jpg
    www1beauty.uscaptain-blades-200ct.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 17
Pardon the thread revival, but I officially love Lord Platinum Class blades! I am fairly new to DE shaving, and have tried many different blades in sampler packs. The Platinum was the 4th blade I tried and I was taking notes on my phone through most my experimentation. Next to this one, I made a note about my technique possibly improving because I just didn’t believe that this cheap blade could have made the difference in what was my best shave to date. Numerous trials later, and after basically settling on Kai as my blade of choice, I threw one of these suckers back in, and...best shaves yet! Just ordered 100 more. Sold.

Good info!
I did not realize these were all made by Lord.
So far I have tried
Shark Super Chrome - Decent
Shark Super Stainless - Not good
Racer Super Stainless - Not good
ASCO - Not good

I have the following which I have yet to try:
Rainbow, Lord Platinum, Lord Super Chrome, Crown Super Stainless.
I've gone thru 15 different blades over the past couple months. 5 failed on the first test. 2 Shaves over 2 days and not need moisturizer.
Oddly, the SS blades all failed. All the coated blades passed.
Shave offs the blades dropped, including the Shark SC, Gilette Platinum, Bolzano and the Feather.
The 3 remaining blades are the Treet Platinum, the Lord Platinum and the Personna. The Lord and the Personna were in a dead heat. Next up is treet vs either. If no winner, than it's how many good shaves can I get out of the blade

Top Bottom