What's new

Aqua Velva Spillage

I am definitely an Aqua Velva Man. Love the stuff. However, I have a hard time using it without a good portion ending up in my sink or on my counter. It has to do with the type of spout on the bottle. Inevitably, some runs down the side of the bottle. Anyone else notice this? Not that I don't like my bathroom smelling like AV...

I had this problem until I started putting my finger over the spout, turning the bottle upside down, and quickly moving the finger off the spout to get a few droplets then quickly covering up again. no more blue sink!

I just cup my palm by straightening out all my fingers and pointing them upwards (thumb still against the side of my palm), and slowly tipping the bottle over and getting a splash inside the bottom of my palm.

Maybe turning it on its side (Long ways, pointing up. Not pouring it flat) might help.

Thanks, i'll try that out. I had just been cupping my left hand, pouring some out, and then, well, when the bottle was returned upright, the mess began. I'm an engineer...should have thought of this solution! haha.

I don't worry about it. I just wipe the sides of the bottle with my hand after the initial application, and slap a little more of the goodness on..

I don't worry about it. I just wipe the sides of the bottle with my hand after the initial application, and slap a little more of the goodness on..

I was thinking about making a post about this a couple of days ago. I always get spillage and to avoid little blue or orange rectangles on my counter I do the same. A quick wipe with my hand around and under the bottle gives me another couple of drops to put on my face or neck. Ahh....

Thanks I used the finger on top and it worked perfectly. Sometimes the most simplest of answers stare you right in the face =)

A few droplets! I make the biggest cup with my hand that I can and fill it up. So what if some spills over. It's not THAT expensive. :biggrin:

I realized that what I actually do is put my finger about 3/4s over the hole and poor it into my hand. I have perfect control with it that way--don't even have to concentrate on pouring it at all.

This is the ticket.
will give it a shot.
my current method of action
The best thing would be to fill up the tub with AV and immerse yourself as necessary. No need to worry about spillage then.
i think i might install a second bath tube just for this.

i was thinking about making a post about this a couple of days ago. I always get spillage and to avoid little blue or orange rectangles on my counter i do the same. A quick wipe with my hand around and under the bottle gives me another couple of drops to put on my face or neck. Ahh....

+1

Top Bottom