What's new

Aqua Velva Spillage

Thanks for this post. I will be trying the fingertip-over-the-opening method tomorrow morning.

On a related note, anyone have a method for transferring AV from the new plastic bottles (can't stand those, just doesn't seem the same) to an existing glass bottle? Any sources for a really tiny funnel to fit the opening in the bottle?

Aqua Velva Men Unite!!!!:thumbsup:

I FIGURED IT OUT! It took a while, but the answer finally came to me --

Go to your local veterinary supply, and get a hypodermic syringe for a horse or cow -- one that has a HUGE cylinder/chamber/whatever it's called. The needle should fit the openings in the two bottles just fine. Simply pump it out of the plastic bottle and pump it into the glass bottle.

I haven't tried this, but I bet it will work beautifully!

Last edited:
I FIGURED IT OUT! It took a while, but the answer finally came to me --

Go to your local veterinary supply, and get a hypodermic syringe for a horse or cow -- one that has a HUGE cylinder/chamber/whatever it's called. The needle should fit the openings in the two bottles just fine. Simply pump it out of the plastic bottle and pump it into the glass bottle.

I haven't tried this, but I bet it will work beautifically!

LOL, you're officially a B+Ber now! :lol::lol::lol:
Anyone who can get veterinary supplies into their shaving den is alright with me!

Great suggestions from Clovis Man and Phil. I haven't really researched it, but I'm pretty sure BB&B is closer to me and more accessible than a vet supplier. Although the huge syringe would do it I'm sure.

As for the OP subject, I tried my finger over the opening this AM and it worked great. Able to control the amount of AV I needed. Not too little, not too much. But then again, is there such a thing as too much AV?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Great suggestions from Clovis Man and Phil. I haven't really researched it, but I'm pretty sure BB&B is closer to me and more accessible than a vet supplier. Although the huge syringe would do it I'm sure.

As for the OP subject, I tried my finger over the opening this AM and it worked great. Able to control the amount of AV I needed. Not too little, not too much. But then again, is there such a thing as too much AV?

You can also get the huge syringe type "Flavor Injectors" from Bed Bath & Beyond.
The end of the "needle" is slotted, and it is not sharp.
That works well for pulling the juice out of an old spray cologne bottle that doesn't work anymore.

Bed Bath & Beyond has mini-funnels in their utinsel section, I have been keeping an eye on them for when I find a glass Old Spice bottle:001_rolle. Now off to dig through the bathroom garbage can as yesterday I threw away an unused oral irrigation syringe and now I'm thinking I should keep it:lol:. Thanks ya enablers!!

Jay

They should invent a roll-on applicator

i think they already have

$category98.jpg

http://www.perfumeoils.com/catalog/Roll_On_Plastic_Bottles-98-1.html

i think it's a bit too much though, the pointer finger over 3/4s to 5/6s of the opening works for me.. though

Unless you like the bottle, get a 4 or 8oz squirt water bottle (sport bottle). Or commercial water from places like 7-11 sell them.

It sure is interesting the very many top openings that various AS and EdTs have. Some make it very hard to apply only a small amount. I'll actually use a cotton ball on those, and use the saturated cotton ball to apply the AS or EdT.

Thread resurrection. Found this when searching Aqua Velva spout. Nice solutions. Just wish their bottle opening matched others that I don't have to think about when pouring into palm. They must have designed it to create more demand for the product.......why else is it so different from others. It's the only one I have that spills when pouring. Thanks for the suggestions to remedy.

I don't worry about a little spillage. It's cheap and plentiful!

I splash it on with reckless abandon and then go take on the day. :001_rolle

I don't worry about a little spillage. It's cheap and plentiful!

I splash it on with reckless abandon and then go take on the day. :001_rolle
I'm not concerned about cost as much as the blue splashes all over the sink. Gave up and decanted to some hot sauce bottles as a solution so I can mindlessly slather without the cleanup.:001_cool:

Love the scent! Always reminds me of my father when I would watch him shave. He would put some AV on my face to share the experience. I wish they would bring back the glass bottle and old logo.

Love the scent! Always reminds me of my father when I would watch him shave. He would put some AV on my face to share the experience. I wish they would bring back the glass bottle and old logo.

Yes I love the old glass bottle and that big blue cap, so I picked up a late-60's era Aqua Velva bottle on the bay. I decant into that and use it almost daily.

I'm not concerned about cost as much as the blue splashes all over the sink. Gave up and decanted to some hot sauce bottles as a solution so I can mindlessly slather without the cleanup.:001_cool:

Ah yes it does splash a bit. I just swipe it from the counter top with my hand and apply that also, then rinse the sink and wipe with a towel as needed.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

No need for a hot sauce bottle. Just put your index finger over the big ole' hole on the AV bottle when you tilt it upside down. Then easily dribble out the exact amount that you need.

Yes I love the old glass bottle and that big blue cap, so I picked up a late-60's era Aqua Velva bottle on the bay. I decant into that and use it almost daily.

That's nice! I should check the bay for one myself. Thanks for posting the pic. By the way, I have gotten compliments on the scent, and when I tell them what it is someone said, "They still make that stuff?" I just laugh:001_302:

Top Bottom