What's new

Aqua Velva Spillage

Rather than applying it to your hand or finger, do what my dad always did and I now do because it's how I learned from watching him: open the bottle and hold it up against your cheek or neck, tip it slightly so it does directly on your face and then spread it out with your hand.

Never had a spill, it doesn't apply too much, the bottle lasts forever and you get good coverage. Surprised that I'm the only one who does it this way. :confused:

Both of these methods have worked very well for me. I guess AV doesn't need to change their bottle spout design after all, we just need to learn how to use it. :biggrin1:

I just cup my palm by straightening out all my fingers and pointing them upwards (thumb still against the side of my palm), and slowly tipping the bottle over and getting a splash inside the bottom of my palm.

Maybe turning it on its side (Long ways, pointing up. Not pouring it flat) might help.

I realized that what I actually do is put my finger about 3/4s over the hole and poor it into my hand. I have perfect control with it that way--don't even have to concentrate on pouring it at all.

This topic is so funny. Does AV do this universally to everyone? It ALWAYS spills on me, and I'm not too proud to literally rub my face against the vanity top to make use of the spillage.

I've also noticed the same type of spillage. The method I currently use has eliminated the problem for me. I cup my left hand slightly away from the bottle, and while holding the bottle in my right hand, press the bottle neck firmly the edge of my palm. I then pour a small amount into my cupped hand, tilt the bottle back down to stop pouring, and then wipe the neck of the bottle against the edge of my palm to remove any AV that might drip down the side. Since I started pressing the neck against my palm, and then wiping it once I am done pouring, I have had no spillage. :biggrin1:

I had this problem until I started putting my finger over the spout, turning the bottle upside down, and quickly moving the finger off the spout to get a few droplets then quickly covering up again. no more blue sink!

In-flipping-genious.

Thank you sir. You have removed a small, yet annoying, burr from under my saddle.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Spillage occurs because people try to pour the AS into a cupped hand with the bottle some distance from the hand.
Make the cup with the left hand and physically put the neck of the bottle against the side of the hand opposite the thumb, pour some into the palm by tipping the bottle. When you have enough, tip the bottle back to upright and the bottle being in physical contact with the hand will prevent any spillage.

+1 on all the above

once you've spilled used a bit of the bottle up, spillage becomes less of an issue, too

Guys,

How about a small travel spray bottle? I use the larger ones for Witch Hazel and Bay Rum.

A small spray right into your hand is all you need.

Keeps things neat and no spills at all.

Bobby A

Thanks for this post. I will be trying the fingertip-over-the-opening method tomorrow morning.

On a related note, anyone have a method for transferring AV from the new plastic bottles (can't stand those, just doesn't seem the same) to an existing glass bottle? Any sources for a really tiny funnel to fit the opening in the bottle?

Aqua Velva Men Unite!!!!:thumbsup:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks for this post. I will be trying the fingertip-over-the-opening method tomorrow morning.

On a related note, anyone have a method for transferring AV from the new plastic bottles (can't stand those, just doesn't seem the same) to an existing glass bottle? Any sources for a really tiny funnel to fit the opening in the bottle?

Aqua Velva Men Unite!!!!:thumbsup:

Buy one of those plastic squeeze bottles from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Fill it up from the plastic AV bottle, throw on the lid, and squeeze it into the glass AV bottle.

Much faster than a funnel, believe me.

Top Bottom