What's new

Anyone else getting a weird pop up on top of the page? PLEASE SEE POST #57

No offense intended , But, Whether you are a contributor or just a regular user should make no difference when site security is concerned. Deliberate redirect popup malware is not a typical ad. I mean I understand the regular ads but this was / is completely different....Anyway , I found using an aggressive redirect blocker has fixed the issue for me as does going into site info and deleting the lines of malware and blocking it from returning stopped it for me....

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nobody said it was malware or a security issue with B&B. All that was said was that Contributors should not be seeing ads and if they are to report them here. Our IT guy will look in to it.

Nobody said it was malware or a security issue with B&B. All that was said was that Contributors should not be seeing ads and if they are to report them here. Our IT guy will look in to it.
Usually Chinese coded redirects though are a form of Malware was all I was saying , even if it is only a no threat version.... I meant no offense and if it would be more appropriate then please edit or delete the post in which that was mentioned...

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It says “Site feedback: did you find what you’re looking for?” You can select yes or no (I didn’t select either). Clicking the little x to close leads you off to another site. I am running an iPhone 14 plus with Safari, all software is up to date as of 2 days ago. I am a contributor (no ads). I have included a screenshot.
View attachment 1607498
Try setting your browser to “Private” and see if that makes a difference.

@Toothpick
I might has chosen a too strong of wording... I probably should have said aggressive popup redirect.. I apologize for using the "M.W" wording as some don't know that there are versions that are quite benign.. They simply pop up and attempt to get you to click on them for the purpose of redirecting you to another page.... Simply using a "blocker" or right clicking on the area and then clicking on info will pull up a box that will allow Anyone to edit out the text that is causing the redirect. Honestly it is quite simple. So simple in fact that I would think even @FarmerTan could probably do it .. ;) :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No offense intended , But, Whether you are a contributor or just a regular user should make no difference when site security is concerned. Deliberate redirect popup malware is not a typical ad. I mean I understand the regular ads but this was / is completely different....Anyway , I found using an aggressive redirect blocker has fixed the issue for me as does going into site info and deleting the lines of malware and blocking it from returning stopped it for me....
Sorry for the confusion. I added that I was a contributor to show that it wasn’t an ad (contributors don’t see ads).

Sorry for the confusion. I added that I was a contributor to show that it wasn’t an ad (contributors don’t see ads).
It's fine. I was just saying that it was Not a normal ad and that no one should be getting confronted with it whether paid or not... Normal ads are expected for non contributors. This was not normal though was my point... I hope everyone is able to get rid of this particular nuisance...
Okay that's it from me....

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's fine. I was just saying that it was Not a normal ad and that no one should be getting confronted with it whether paid or not... Normal ads are expected for non contributors. This was not normal though was my point... I hope everyone is able to get rid of this particular nuisance...
Okay that's it from me....
FWIW, I'm getting it also.
We're looking at it!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
For what its worth I see it here - despite clearing cookies & logging out

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No offense intended , But, Whether you are a contributor or just a regular user should make no difference when site security is concerned.
No offense taken.
It's simply that when something isn't going right, IT has to fix it.
IT works for a living and has to be paid for work done.
How do we pay for IT, licenses, software upgrades, customization and fixes?
Contributors that's how.

1676768856718.png

getting this up top every time I move between pages today

Top Bottom