What's new

Anyone else getting a weird pop up on top of the page? PLEASE SEE POST #57

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It says “Site feedback: did you find what you’re looking for?” You can select yes or no (I didn’t select either). Clicking the little x to close leads you off to another site. I am running an iPhone 14 plus with Safari, all software is up to date as of 2 days ago. I am a contributor (no ads). I have included a screenshot.
F91BE9B5-F17D-49B1-AC11-F36F12FBA3EA.png

I had somethung similar happen a few weeks ago. Not sure if this is the same thing, but I cleaned out my cache and logged out and back in to B&B and it was fixed.

Maybe worth a try until someone replies with more definitive solution…

Whats up with the search feedback bar ?? Try to close it and it redirects and click on yes or no and it redirects... I know its not on my end as I have multiple layers of redirect blockers and protection tools...

Screenshot (60)_LI.jpg

I don't see it at all when I run searches, either on my desktop or mobile devices.

Can you use the web inspector tools in your browser to look at the element and see what is spawning it?

I’ve had a few things like this - highly aggressive pop-ups. I’m also getting a lot of blank screens lately, but the page loads if you refresh.

I guess it will just continue to be problematic as B&B has decided to outsource control over these adverts. As long as it’s still tolerable I will be here. It’s pretty close to the edge of usability, though, and if you’re someone who doesn’t believe in paying a subscription fee to create content for someone else’s business then these recurring issues are quite a deterrent.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Whats up with the search feedback bar ?? Try to close it and it redirects and click on yes or no and it redirects... I know its not on my end as I have multiple layers of redirect blockers and protection tools...

View attachment 1607617
I saw the same thing earlier today and had the same redirect results when trying to close it. I would see it when just reading a thread.

However, It seems to be gone now.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I saw it for the second time now just minutes ago. The first time was yesterday. In fact as I'm typing this, it just popped up again... :blink:

I came here looking to see if this was just me. I'm a contributor and I'm still seeing this as I post this. This is happening on both Android and PC.

And logging off and back on didn't help.

Top Bottom