What's new

Any interest in an organized Vintage brush PIF round robin?

OK Here is where we are at:

1. JaxJim
2. Travispitt
3. econjoe
4. AndroiDad75
5.AceByTerror
8.mattdenicola
10. Duderubble

Matt asked to move down a little because of things going on for him in the near future. We have room for 3 more--and of course once it comes full circle we will regroup and can add more or switch people out.

I only wish I could turn my own brush handle. I have a few that I have been meaning to yank the knots on and redo. I am still fairly new to brush restoring, as I've only done one, so I am not sure I have any that are really worth anything. What I can promise to do is picking the nicest 2 I have for this.

OK Comet. You're in that leaves two spots. Everyone who is in so far should pm me your contact info if you have not done so already.

If it still open I'll take 9 if that's okay... Just want to make sure I make it through the holidays before my turn arrives...

1. JaxJim
2. Travispitt
3. econjoe
4. AndroiDad75
5. AceByTerror
6. Comet
8. mattdenicola
9. goh2499
10. Duderubble

I still need contact info for a couple.

One participant is going to kick in a couple handles to help and I will put in at least four. If anyone has an extra they'd like to include when it gets to you that is cool, but lets keep it to a size that fits in the smallest flat rate box if possible.

I will send it off as soon as I get the other handles. Also each participant please put a label on the handle with at least your screen name, I think that will enhance our ability to show gratitude--unless someone has an issue with that.

Good point. I was thinking of in the states.

I am going to send off the box to Jim tomorrow and will post the final instructions here today or tomorrow. If someone else signs up in time we will include them.

Ok I have packed the starter kit box with 6 brushes and said a couple of tearful goodbyes. It will be sent out tomorrow to Jim, weather permitting. It looks like the box could house a couple more but if we go above 8-10 we will need to increase the box size.

Here are my final thoughts before this takes on a life of its own.

1. Be generous with your contributions. Do as I did and part with some genuine loved ones among your projects. If you don't have anything fancy to share, don't feel bad about that just do your best. I included a short note with each of the handles I put in--feel free to do that and at least put your name on your contributions.

2. Be selfish with your selections. Take from the box what you really want--get something good! There is one exception to that with a particular handle I included with a note with instructions that the person taking that handle meet certain qualifications. But if you qualify-take that one! I suspect we will all have as much or more fun seeing somebody else be excited to get what we put in.

-Select handles from two different participants if possible (Jim you are exempt from that!)

3. Before the box gets to you have your contributions ready. Turn around should be a target of three days and no more than one week.

3. When the box gets to you:
-Take a photo of the contents of the box as it came to you and another of your contributions and PM them to me.
-Take a photo of your 2 selections and post it in this thread (as well as one of the completed projects when knots are added).
-Add your contributions, at least two, you may add more if there is room and you wish to (but don;t take out more than two even if you put in extra).
-PM the person next in line to get their address.
-Send the box with $100 of insurance and with a tracking number. Post that number here with a message that the box has been sent.

4. When it gets back to me we will regroup for a second round or if we decide to quit we will distribute remaining handles equitably among those who put in more than two. But all handles put into the passaround become the property of the passaround so if it keeps going they stay in.

5. We still have room for one more participant for round one, but if the box gets to Ace before we have that slot filled we will close the slot until the second round.

What am I missing? Anyone have issues with any of that?

This just occurred to me because of a pm, Even though I said to have your contributions ready, you may all want to be flexible when you see what is in the box so we don't end up with a lot of the same thing.

Sounds like we're ready for launch! I've got my handles ready to go and will be shooting for a one-day turnaround.

Nice job, Duderubble.

I would like to join. I've never restored a brush or even put a knot in a brush but, I do have two vintage brushes that could be restored. I have two Ever-Ready brushes, a C40 and 100T.

OK that puts you in the last slot, gentlemen, we are full up. evil send my your contact info and you will go in slot 7. The rule is knot removed, so if you are able to do that please do.

1. JaxJim
2. Travispitt
3. econjoe
4. AndroiDad75
5. AceByTerror
6. Comet
7. SyntheticEvil13
8. mattdenicola
9. goh2499
10. Duderubble

If I can get out of here I will send the box today, but we got hit with a storm and work was cancelled for me today.

Thanks for letting me join. I already sent you my info but, if there's anything else you need just hit me up. One of the knots already slides right out. I'll get the other one out before the box gets to me. I can't wait until this starts so I can see what I've been missing out on. Be careful sending that box off. I know there's some bad weather out there, so be careful.

Box is on its way. Roads aren't too bad here.

Tracking number for USPS is 1312 0250 0000 1273 6128

Scheduled delivery day is Monday!

Box is on its way. Roads aren't too bad here.

Tracking number for USPS is 1312 0250 0000 1273 6128

Scheduled delivery day is Monday!

Thanks! I'll be watching for it, and if the delivery schedule holds true, I plan on having the box on its way to Travispitt on Tuesday.

Top Bottom