What's new

Aftershave/cologne collection

I took some pics of some of the fragrances I've accumulated the last few years.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's just the overflow in my girlfriends bathroom. I try to keep my shave den uncluttered. :biggrin:

Yeah, I love the decanter but I hate Skin Bracer! (The original, though. I love all the other Mennen scents.)

It also looks that your Clubman Special Reserve has gone unused...

[see threads on THAT topic!]

Well, to be honest I get a lot of mileage out of the bottle of Clubman Royale to the left of the SR. It's very similar to Special Reserve but doesn't last nearly as long. I also use the glass bottle of Special Reserve in the photo beneath as the glass bottle has a "cleaner" scent to it than the plastic version that's out now.

If you want to smell a REALLY strong version of Special Reserve, check my review of Napoleon in the aftershave review section. That stuff pollutes the nostrils.

It dates to the late sixties, so at least forty years old.

It has a smell not unlike British Sterling, but more on the citrusy side.

I got it unopened on Ebay for around thirty five dollars. Mainly because of the label.

Last edited:
2 comments.

1. Funny how the Jeris Musk sort of cops the design of the Jovan Musk bottles. (Jovan Musk was my first cologne).

2. Can you describe Masters' Challenge? I've been curious to try it. I had a barber that used Lord & Master and it was great.

2 comments.

2. Can you describe Masters' Challenge? I've been curious to try it. I had a barber that used Lord & Master and it was great.

Masters Challenge is very similar, to me, of Clubman Special Reserve. I like the Challenge a little better, though; it doesn't last very long and isn't as "in-your-face" as the SR. Old timey, spicey barber shop fragrance.

Holy cow, How do you decide which one to wear?

I close my eyes and grab a bottle!

Honestly, this is really my overflow. About once a month I grab about ten different Colognes and ten different A/S bottles and lug them in the shave den. That's usually a wide enough variety to keep me interested for the month. Choosing it is all a matter of what I'm in the mood for at the time, but believe it or not I use more Brut than anything else.

Wow, that's an awesome collection, and I also think that Skin Bracer looks cool.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom