What's new

Bic Chrome Platinum

Good day all. I do not know what this says about the blade or my face but here are my results from my last two shaves with the Bic Chrome Platinum blade.

I am 55 years old. Have grey and Black Italian course hair.

Henson Mild (+)- Used Poraso Green in the tub. No weepers. took 4 passes and still had some buffing on 2 day stubble. No weepers or cuts. Mild irritation due to the buffing. Once my skin was dry and tightened back up i went over for touch up with my trusty 1 year old Panasonic shaver. Then I achieved BBS. Finished with Poraso Green aftershave and Lotion. Had some stinging in my trouble spots.

Merkur 42C (3 piece with hex handle)- 3 Day stubble. Used Poraso Red in the tube. Mild. No weepers or irritation. Took some buffing. Tad better than the Henson Mild (+). Finished with Poraso Red aftershave and Lotion. I really like this Sandalwood scent. I wish it lasted longer.

So far I like the blade itself. No tugging and no pulling. What does this say about the Blade razor? Too Mild? Maybe a better fit for the below?

Next up for this Blade are the Henson Medium (++) and Rockwell 6C with plate 4.

Have a good weekend Gents!

I think blades are the biggest variable factor in DE shaving, and certainly finding a good razor/blade combo is the goal, but at the end of the day it is technique that makes or breaks getting a good shave.
Try sticking with one razor and blade combo for 8-10 shaves and focusing on the shave - then change only one thing (either the blade or razor) .. after a few experiments you'll get a better idea of what works (or not) for your face.

I have great success with Bic Plats, absolutely love 'em! In my opinion they perform every bit as well as Feathers. But you aren't shaving my face, so as always -- YMMV.

Top Bottom