What's new

Adding Alcohol to Non-Alcohol Splashes

Has anyone done it? I am in that situation where I have too many non-alcohol A/S that I love and, well, they are going bad. Zingari for instance, love the scents but I have to do something to preserve them. Will adding alcohol help? If yes, how much and what type? I have no idea whatsoever, maybe isopropyl alcohol.. damn it, feel silly asking this, but there it is anyway. 🤣

lasta

Blade Biter
Do NOT use rubbing alcohol! It smells terrible and doesn't fade in the bottle.

I have some Rektyfikowany (96% vodka) on the way.

@thombrogan could probably point you to some more proven varieties.

FYI, i intend to spice up alcohol-based aftershaves with it, not sure if it mixes well with non-alcoholic ones.

Do NOT use rubbing alcohol! It smells terrible and doesn't fade in the bottle.

I have some Rektyfikowany (96% vodka) on the way.

@thombrogan could probably point you to some more proven varieties.

FYI, i intend to spice up alcohol-based aftershaves with it, not sure if it mixes well with non-alcoholic ones.
Yeah, I'm not sure either if it will mix properly at all.

I could just use the expired ones, they still smell good, but one bottle (which I had for almost 3 years) caused an outbreak before, don't wanna risk. 🤣

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I used Everclear grain alcohol. Have used 151 proof so far and 190 proof would be the next bottle.

Have used 70% and 91% rubbing alcohol before in the past without additives. Smelled like rubbing alcohol and highlighted where I overshaved. Wouldn’t ask for more.

How do you know they are going bad? Do they look or smell off? I've never had a splash go bad, but all my splashes have alcohol with the exception of some non-alc. witch hazel/toner type things I typically use up before anything goes wrong with them.

I
Has anyone done it? I am in that situation where I have too many non-alcohol A/S that I love and, well, they are going bad. Zingari for instance, love the scents but I have to do something to preserve them. Will adding alcohol help? If yes, how much and what type? I have no idea whatsoever, maybe isopropyl alcohol.. damn it, feel silly asking this, but there it is anyway. 🤣
If you decide to go forward with this, you're going to want to use something like stearyl or cetyl (alcohol).

Top Bottom