What's new

Acquisitions for September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally post scores during the week but I'm so excited about the arrival of my new humidor and the 30 cigars that came with it, I couldn't help myself. I've put the cigars from my small humidor in as well so I've now got a fair collection that I'm going to enjoy working my way through.

proxy.php

proxy.php

:thumbup1:

I don't normally post scores during the week but I'm so excited about the arrival of my new humidor and the 30 cigars that came with it, I couldn't help myself. I've put the cigars from my small humidor in as well so I've now got a fair collection that I'm going to enjoy working my way through.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice! It's almost enough to make me start smoking again.

I certainly envy all you "foreign" guys that can buy Cuban cigars. My favorite was the Partagas Serie D No. 4. Looks like you might have one in the back on the top row, left. :w00t:

Very nice! It's almost enough to make me start smoking again.

I certainly envy all you "foreign" guys that can buy Cuban cigars. My favorite was the Partagas Serie D No. 4. Looks like you might have one in the back on the top row, left. :w00t:

Wasn't there some talk from the Obama administration about possibly normalizing relations with Cuba shortly after he took office? What happened with that?

Today's Scores:

A Zombie-skin strop (havent used it yet)

A Shave bowl. Seller had a low BIN and listed it as "Unused". Now I've been stung on eBay by this before (An "Unused" Avon set who's seller "didn't know the bowl should have soap in it" and "assumed the aftershave had evaporated" out of the closed 1.5oz bottle.) So I messaged asking if the soap was in it, assuming he'd say no or he'd say yes and post the question and someone would beat me to it. He said yes, didn't post, and I scored a nice C&I Shave Bowl in brand new condition for a little over $15 shipped.

A Shave bowl. Seller had a low BIN and listed it as "Unused". Now I've been stung on eBay by this before (An "Unused" Avon set who's seller "didn't know the bowl should have soap in it" and "assumed the aftershave had evaporated" out of the closed 1.5oz bottle.) So I messaged asking if the soap was in it, assuming he'd say no or he'd say yes and post the question and someone would beat me to it. He said yes, didn't post, and I scored a nice C&I Shave Bowl in brand new condition for a little over $15 shipped.

By Williams? As in Williams Shaving Soap? Interesting.

My first (what I would consider) collector grade '34 Aristocrat. Came in the mail yesterday. Still gunk from the last shave it had, which I assume by the blade that was in it was sometime around 1940. Only bad part is the outside of the case has some plating loss.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just picked these up. I have no idea what they are, but couldn't beat the price. Silver one I'm guessing is a superspeed, but the other.....

proxy.php

Last edited:
one very much user grade NEW and an eversharp schick (g type?) with a nasty looking rusty old blade in it

proxy.php

any tips for cleaning the injector?

By Williams? As in Williams Shaving Soap? Interesting.

Yeah, it's my second bowl of the stuff. It's good. Possibly some of the best Vintage Williams (and thereby best vintage shave soap) out there.

Anyway, update on the 9x3" Thuringian that wasn't 9x3. Seller has received the stone. Relisted and resold it (Ended @ $135 with the proper listing), and refunded me the $150 they got from that sale along with an email about how now they need until next week to refund me the rest because of some unexplained emergency they've had.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280564710141&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Also check their other auctions. They've listed the same stone a third time.

Last edited:
That's a nice haul dmm26. How is the Col Conk lime? It's a soap I've been wanting to try but I want to finish at least one of my soaps before I get any more.

I don't know yet, I'm gonna try it out tomorrow with the scuttle. I'll send you a pm tomorrow and let you know what it's like!

Love the pix of some great looking razors. I'd like to share a couple I got today.

The "Grip full of shaving needs."
proxy.php
proxy.php

It's "Radio Steel." Gee, what's that?
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

A Gold Gem
proxy.php
proxy.php

Incredible the detail of the packaging. Look at the embossed lettering on this blade pack.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I love the period graphics in these instruction sheets.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you all with these pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to display these pieces.

Love the pix of some great looking razors. I'd like to share a couple I got today.

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you all with these pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to display these pieces.

WOW, great pics and great pieces of history. I've need been into Gems and Everreadys but after looking at these maybe.... :thumbup:

It's "Radio Steel." Gee, what's that?

It's steel produced at a time when radio was new and exciting.
Nanotechnology is the word today - though no company is producing anything of the sort commercially, they aren't afraid to throw the word around to pump up their product in front of a confused and ignorant public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom