What's new

Acquisitions for September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the BEST SHAVE DAY EVER! I managed to acquired 3 of my dream brushes in one day. I can hardly contain myself. I got home from work and my Simpson Chubby 3 was on my doorstep. That was a great shave. As a monster brush face lathering freak I was in heaven. Then tonight I scored two extinct brushes from very generous B&B members. About dinner time I purchased a Simpson Eagle G3, and just seconds ago I got a Rooney Finest 3/1, and its even in black, my favorite color for a 2 band! My wish list just got decimated.

I had to gush, and I thought this was the least offensive spot to put it. Pics to fallow next week.

Love the pix of some great looking razors. I'd like to share a couple I got today.

The "Grip full of shaving needs."
proxy.php
proxy.php

It's "Radio Steel." Gee, what's that?
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

A Gold Gem
proxy.php
proxy.php

Incredible the detail of the packaging. Look at the embossed lettering on this blade pack.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I love the period graphics in these instruction sheets.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you all with these pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to display these pieces.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: WOW! Congrats on two great razors!

Love the pix of some great looking razors. I'd like to share a couple I got today.

The "Grip full of shaving needs."

It's "Radio Steel." Gee, what's that?

A Gold Gem

I love the period graphics in these instruction sheets.

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you all with these pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to display these pieces.

Wow, great haul! Amazing.

22589&c=favorites

22588&c=favorites

Just got these from thedifferentscent.de. Great vendor!

EDIT: Sorry I was searching around and I can't figure out how to upload photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically October now in my time zone, and these haven't arrived yet, but I have a few more I didn't get around to mentioning.

Damaged Elgin pen razor, the box for mine is falling apart.

and found a condition upgrade for my new deluxe red&black

and I almost forgot...
This "vinatge" "adjustable" "original"
Original as in this particular combination has never been done before, I guess. Meh, I wanted the case. I think that's a Star head, Old Type or New handle, and Fatboy case.

Last edited:
Well I've already posted the humidor that arrived in the week so here's the rest. Small in number but high quality. A LeGrelot, a Thier Issard,a Hess and a sensational Rudy Vey brush. The Hess has beautiful emerald green scales. I tried to get a picture of them but I don't think it's come out too well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Well I've already posted the humidor that arrived in the week so here's the rest. Small in number but high quality. A LeGrelot, a Thier Issard,a Hess and a sensational Rudy Vey brush. The Hess has beautiful emerald green scales. I tried to get a picture of them but I don't think it's come out too well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice score John... Again... What's the second razor from the left, bottom row that looks dirty?

Amishmotorboat, that Elgin Pen Razor is pretty unique. Are the blades readily available(if they're even worth shaving with), or is it simply a collector's piece? Looks like you made out great on the New's and Tech. A long tooth and short tooth. Nice snag! I especially like the "adjustable":blink: you posted the link to!:001_rolle:lol::lol: At least it has a decent case!:biggrin1:

Amishmotorboat, that Elgin Pen Razor is pretty unique. Are the blades readily available(if they're even worth shaving with), or is it simply a collector's piece?

The blades aren't made anymore, and even those unopened ones that remain aren't sharp anymore. I had some partial success sharpening one - enough to do the job but not enough to enjoy it.

Here's most of my acquisitions for the month. Also picked up 15 Spoilers with the Fatboy, and some SE Gems.

Here are a couple of straights I scored off the 'bay a week or so ago. This whole college thing is keeping me busy. :lol:

Here's a Freddie Reynolds I got for the starting bid of $14.99

proxy.php

Next is a Wade and Butcher I got for the starting bid of $5.34

And yes...I did use a sweatshirt as a backdrop.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great items, John. You must have a huge collection by now:w00t:

Went a little nuts last month. 2 TM strops, 2Cotis, some B&B swag, DMT, some Ebay straights, Dovo Straight, Straight Leather Roll, Bill Ellis' Resto CD.

proxy.php

Well today was the deadline I gave the seller for my refund on the $400+ thuringian. They had given me about 60% of my money back in two refunds and again asked for more time, as well as acting like a dick and demanding to know why I had refused their request to cancel the auction (thereby preventing me from using eBay's buyer protection). So I've sent it to eBay's resolution center to get my remaining $133 back (minus the $14 return shipping I'm out).

One of the options in the unpaid item process is a checkbox that says something about having given the buyer a refund. It is one of, I think, 3 ways for a seller to get his final value fees back. If he wants the auction canceled, he needs to refund in full. If he is going to refund in full, you need to send the stone back (if you haven't already). His request for a cancellation probably has nothing to do with buyer protection, but instead to make sure he gets his final value fees back.

edit: oh btw, I think he can only request it once, and since it's declined he's SOL. Could be why he's upset. Now he's stuck paying eBay a commission on a sale he's obligated to refund, and out shipping to boot.

Last edited:
Nah, I just got fee's refunded on an auction that a buyer screwed me on. You just have to go into the support chat and spend half an hour working towards it.

Summary of story is that seller sent me a $130 stone (really, that's what it sold for when he relisted it) instead of a $400 one I won. I returned it. He resold it (twice now, keeps calling it an Escher and bidders keep backing out when they find out it is not in fact an Escher is what I suspect is happening). He said he needed time for a refund. I gave it to him. He asked me to cancel auction and sent the request. I said after I got my refund and gave him until the request timed out (and automatically canceled auction due to my nonresponse) to refund me. He didn't refund me, so I refused the cancel auction to keep it from automatically accepting. He sent me a pissed off message via paypal along with another bit of my refund and said he needed more time literally minutes after I canceled his request (I'm guessing he works at a computer and has email popups). I took it to paypal claims as I had warned him I would (and he had at the time said that it was a perfectly reasonable time line and swore I'd have my refund by then).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom