What's new

Acquisitions for September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I picket up a 40's style Gillette SuperSpeed date code X4 that is in pretty nice condition. It's case is damaged, but the razor looks to be hardly used. I'm going to clean this one up and rotate it with the Merkur that also occupies the shelves. Also, I now have a set of shelves to make my shave den with! All total, buying the razor ($11) and the shelves ($1.50 :w00t: ) it's taken less than $15 to make me very pleased. Now, I need to build me a few razor stands, and a brush stand or two.:biggrin1:

full

crazing/cracks on the lid right? quite common with nearly 60 year old plastic

Last edited by a moderator:
crazing/cracks on the lid right? quite common with nearly 60 year old plastic

Actually, one of the pieces of the lid that forms the hinge is broken off. Still, a neat looking case, though. I figure the case is worth nothing being broken, but sure looks neat sitting on the shelf!

I believe the helically striped red and white pole displayed outside barber shops harks back to the days of the barber/surgeon - 'Blood and bandages'. Nowadays we write meaningful posts on B&B about how to sterilise preloved razors we have purchased. How things have moved on!

I picked up a Merkur HD and some Speick splash this month. Hey, I'm a newb that was trying to shave with an old Gillette DE that was apparently out-of-alignment - it's a big deal for me!

Legion

Staff member
The inside of that case is sweet!! Imagine how old that case is and how nice the inside is. I hope the outside is at least half way as nice.

:thumbup:

-jim

Actually the outside is a little battered. But hey, it's been kicking around in someones bathroom draw for 104 years! :lol:

That's a nice haul dmm26. How is the Col Conk lime? It's a soap I've been wanting to try but I want to finish at least one of my soaps before I get any more.

I've been on a quest to find an Old Spice coffee mug since I saw a beat up one in an antique store a few months ago. Today while digging through a big collection of coffee cups at a flea market I found this near mint specimen for $9, and inside was a barely used puck of vintage Williams soap. Double score!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pinaud Clubman styptic pencil. I have thought for the longest time that these are totally unnecessary, but I got one of those 5 minute bleeders from a nick I never felt this morning, and I wished I had one on hand.

I recently won a vintage bottle of Armani Pour Homme for under $30 :biggrin1:

I also purchased the following EDTs:

Giorgio for Men
Tuscany by Aramis
Drakkar Noir
Open by Roger and Gallet

The best part? I paid about half of what I would have paid at our local mall :thumbup1:

BTW, that's a nice find HoosierTrooper!

I don't normally post scores during the week but I'm so excited about the arrival of my new humidor and the 30 cigars that came with it, I couldn't help myself. I've put the cigars from my small humidor in as well so I've now got a fair collection that I'm going to enjoy working my way through.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom