What's new

Acquisitions for December 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a small one? How much bigger does he make them?

I have one he describles as medium, which is perfect for me. The one he just mailed to me is also medium. He changes them up and always has something different on ebay. If you send him a note through ebay he will talk to you about what you want made. He's a nice guy.

How do you like the Avocado? I just bought a tube and was surprised at how much I disliked it. It reminded me of fresh pumpkin, which I usually don't mind but as a shaving cream it drove me crazy for some reason.

TOBS mixed up their packings! Maybe you should try the TOBS Pumpkin :thumbup:

Seriously, I think it's on the good side of the middle-of-the-road, it smells "fresh" indeed and gives nice, slickery, pearlwhite lather. I think I am happy with this little tub.

I got a couple TOBS synthetic brushes. One is at the barber shop and the other at home. I've been experimenting with it. Very nice brush!

Also got from a store called "Pack Rats" an unused, boxed Schick Krona Band Razor. The razor and instructions are in one plastic case, and the two cartridges are in another plastic case. Can't get at 'em to check them out because of the plastic "ribbon" that says "For Him" keeping them in the box.

Just happen to walk into the Body Shop store tonight. Ask the sales woman there if any sales were going on. She looks at me like I have two heads and says, "50% of all items this weekend only as long as you make a $5 donation to... By the way sir, we close in 5 minutes".

Luckily my bank ATM is seconds from the store.

Picked up four (112 g) tubes of Maca Root Shave Cream for about $6.75 which included the costs of the donation and sales tax.

Last edited:
My first Japanese,

I couldn't resist ... it's not my fault ... rasurpur.de has actual Iwasaki Kamisori 2 chou gake Tamahagane. Bought one ... now dying to see it.

(EDIT: Aaargrrgggh ... newb mistake ... I did not post this in the thread. My sincerest apologies to the mod and members.)

Last edited:
Was able to pick up a decent looking Schick Stick when I stopped into an antique store the other day. Good shape and under $10. They're odd, but seem interesting.

I actually got this in November but I just got around to writing my review so I'll post the pic now as well.

My custom, one of a kind Mitchell Leather custom briefcase has arrived!! :w00t::w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Totally not shave related but I'm still totally stoked!

I actually got this in November but I just got around to writing my review so I'll post the pic now as well.

My custom, one of a kind Mitchell Leather custom briefcase has arrived!! :w00t::w00t:

Who ever said these threads were limited to shave related products?:001_huh: That's a heck of a nice briefcase!:thumbup:Thanks for sharing, SlagleRock.:001_smile

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Getting a jumpstart on 2011 which I'm referring to as " The Year of Harris" ; Thanks to Phil at BullGoose for his usual stellar service and communication!
proxy.php

SRD 3" Red latigo/canvas
Nabob 11/16
Tuckmar 3/4
Krauss 3/4
TI faux turtoise scales for the Krauss

Last edited:

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's a nice briefcase. :thumbup1: I especially like the working buckles; most of what one gets these days has a snap buckle.

My latest order from Phil arrived today. And before you ask...yes, I did need all of this. :laugh:

I might end up giving a couple of these tubes away eventually. I also got a 5 pack of Zorrik blades that I forgot to include in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom